With inflation going nuts, what are some money saving hacks?

Daniel Baum
11 replies
Considering rapid inflation globally, I'm wondering what hacks people are using to save money. A few of my own: 1. Buying produce in bulk - Costco has become a lifesaver. Just buy the expensive proteins and freeze them. 2. No drinks at dinner - I've cut out alcohol when eating out (unless its a special occasion). A $20 meal becomes $35 quickly. 3. Cash back extension - With gas prices crazy, I avoid driving & buy more of the essentials online. If you're spending $100+ on essentials, a good cash back extension can save you $5-10/month pretty easily. My company Sleek offers a cash back extension. For all the hunters out there, use my code & get $5 cash back on your first purchase! https://bit.ly/3JeSZXf

Replies

Adrian Cruz
Well I was definitely struggling a lot with Amazon spending, especially with deals like Prime Day, I have blown my entire budget in a single weekend just on Amazon, and it doesn't help that the prices for most essentials have basically doubled since 2020. I guess that is mostly the reason why I decided to get serious about my budgeting to make sure I could make it to next month and decided to make our app (clearmoney.io) available to others who may be struggling too, on a freemium basis. But aside from budgeting, I have started using extensions like Vetted.ai, Honey, and CapitalOne Shopping, along with a card with 5% cashback on Online Shopping category.
Daniel Baum
@adrian2x Sounds like your app was born from a real problem you were experiencing - that's always the best! I'd be interested in trying it out - I find current budgeting apps really poor. Instead of Honey or CapitalOne, try my extension, Sleek, using the code above and you'll get $5!!! Plus you'll be helping out a fellow entrepreneur :)
Daniel Baum
@adrian2x Amazing, thanks Adrian!!! Would love to hear connect and exchange feedback on each others product! Feel free to email me daniel@onsleek.com
Paxshal
How sleek is different than existing extension honey (now PayPal)? https://www.joinhoney.com/featur...
Daniel Baum
@pax93fcb Not only does Sleek provide generous cash back, you can checkout anywhere with 1-click! So you don't need to put your address, credit card #, etc. info into every guest checkout. You can see more at https://www.onsleek.com/
Daniel Baum
@pax93fcb Awesome, thanks Paxshal!!! Please feel free to send me any feedback or get in touch - daniel@onsleek.com
Kriss Hiler
Was ich Ihnen auf jeden Fall sagen kann, ist, dass dies ein sehr interessantes Thema ist. Sie geben sehr gute Ratschläge und können wirklich helfen, dieses Problem zu lösen.
Tedel
Buy things that will save you money in the long run. I used to waste 15 a day in transportation. Now I have a bike so I don't.
Purple Ocean
Actual topic, thanks. In these times of rapidly rising prices, it's essential to find practical ways to manage the impact of inflation on our finances. One effective strategy is to prioritize needs over wants and create a budget that aligns with your financial goals. Additionally, exploring ways to increase your income, such as freelancing or investing wisely, can also help mitigate the impact of inflation. Staying proactive and informed about these money-saving hacks can make a significant difference in weathering the challenges posed by inflation.