Why loyalty programs, like stamp cards, do not work?

Aleksandr V
5 replies
I am making a research why loyalty programs, like paper stamp cards, do not really work. By "do not work" I mean that they do not bring customers more often than they (the customers) would normally do. What's your experience? Do you use any? What like/don't?

Replies

Tammy Moore
Loyalty programs like stamp cards often fail because they can be easily forgotten or lost, lack personalized incentives that resonate with individual customers, may not provide enough value to motivate repeat purchases, and are sometimes overshadowed by more immediate promotions or discounts offered by competitors.
Aleksandr V
@tmoore_94 Do you use any apps for that?
Thomas Mitchell
Loyalty programs like stamp cards sometimes fail due to lack of real value, complexity, or not aligning with customer needs.
Aleksandr V
@thomitch_hj do you have examples when they not fail?
Daniel Zaitzow
I use multiple loyalty apps for places I consume on a regular basis. Mcdonalds (don't judge I get the coffee daily) and Subway. Both don't require complicated sign-ups. I am also a huge Cineplex fan and have had that loyalty account (for movie discounts and free movies) for years. Anything with paper isn't up my alley as I often don't even leave my house with my wallet - I just typically use my phone. Now sure how helpful that insight is! Happy to connect in longer form via LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/dani...