Why is maintaining a streak is so important?

Leena Chitnis
26 replies

Replies

Biraj Shah
Well, I must say, Product Hunt really outdid themselves with that genius feature! ๐Ÿš€๐Ÿ˜„
Neel Patel
Itโ€™s a structured approach to momentum. It may not have a direct impact but I believe it nudges you to come to the platform. When you do that, you are primed to take some sort of action. That will increase engagement and hence it will be mutually benefit to the platform and us.
Leena Chitnis
@neelptl2602 Makes sense. But people here lose their minds when they lose their streak! Haha. I've lost it once already, but I wasn't too far in, only like 9 days or so.
Jake Harrison
I think it can help people know how often do you use and increase the engagement! If they want to approach you to get some supports.
Bon
A streak serves as a visual representation of consistency. When you see a growing streak, it's a reminder that you've been dedicated and consistent in your efforts over a period of time.
Leena Chitnis
@bonvisions But why would that matter to PH-ers? That would matter to the founders of PH, but I can't see why it matters to people who are on here.
Relja Denic
It's not. It's more from ProductHunt to push you to come every day, because if nobody is here, then producthunt doesn't have a point. Of course you get a bit of exposure on the streak list if you go over a certain number
Adams Parker
I think it makes credibility
Amelia Watson
TO make things interesting I guess.
Yavuz Tunc Emran
Consistency on PH keeps your product in the spotlight, attracting more users and potential partnerships, leading to business growth.
Frank Sondors
It's not, said the guy with 124 day streak :)
Arz
So that it makes sense in talking with amazing people like you :)
Leena Chitnis
@arzmn Thanks!! Are you supporting my launch? ;)
Dave-Anthony Smith
It's all for clout haha! Once you're active when you log on (leaving comments, following people, etc.), it really doesn't matter if you come on 5 times per week or 3 times per month. Streaks are just PH's smart way of keeping you active on the platform as it helps improve their metrics, and I admire that. I would recommend anyone to build this retention feature into their product if it fits your business model. Now, if you're launching a product soon, its best to be super active so you can be seen by more people (aka logging on every day).
Shivangi Awasthi
Because discipline my friend. :)
Florian Vates
I think people generally feel good about keeping something up. It's some form of achievement. The problem with streaks is though. Once you break them, you're mostly done. I had this issue with DuoLingo. Wanted to learn Italian and had a 100 day streak. Missed it because if finished my lesson 1 minute after midnight. I was so frustrated that i stopped completely.
Leena Chitnis
@fvates Yikes, there needs to be a way to redeem yourself in those situations so you can get the points right back. Hope someone builds that into an app. It's a lot of pressure to open PH everyday on time for me, I have so many other more pressing fires to attend to than my social rank here, but here we are.
Florian Vates
@chitterz yeah, itโ€™s works great until it doesnโ€™t ๐Ÿ™ˆ HabitKit is doing a great job at this. It also has steaks, but you can still add them later if you forgot.