• Subscribe
  • Why doesn't Product Hunt create "CatGPT"?

Dhruv Bhatia
    4 replies

Replies

Mason Derek Holloway
    I think producthunt is more focused on showcasing and launching new products built by others rather than developing their own AI like ChatGPT. Building an AI assistant requires deep technical expertise in machine learning, NLP, prompt engineering etc. which is pretty different from PH's core mission and competencies. Maybe they'll acquire or partner with an AI company at some point though to bring that functionality to the platform! I could see that being really useful for makers.
    Yulita Nurul
    I think it is because Product Hunt focuses on discovering and promoting new products rather than developing technology like ChatGPT. Creating a model like ChatGPT requires specialized expertise and resources in artificial intelligence and machine learning.
    Dhruv Bhatia
    @yulita_nurul_islami_ita_ hmm, interesting...yup could be that they lack the technical resources to build this...
    Rachel Marie Thompson
    Cat-related products are definitely popular on PH! ๐Ÿˆ But I think building an entire AI model like GPT from scratch is a whole different ball of yarn. ๐Ÿงถ PH's specialty is surfacing and promoting the latest product innovations, not heavy AI research & engineering. Maybe they could partner with an AI company to make a fun promo like 'Ask CatGPT about the best new cat tech products' though! ๐Ÿ˜ธ