• Subscribe
  • Why do you trust AI?

Valorie Jones
    7 replies
    AI often gets a bad rap for deep fakes, hallucinating facts, or causing the apocalypse. What do you think are the most important steps to build trust with an AI company?

Replies

Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    I trust AI because it has proven incredibly efficient and accurate in processing data and making predictions based on patterns and trends. While AI is not perfect, it has shown tremendous potential to enhance our lives and solve complex problems.
    Valorie Jones
    @hamza_afzal_butt Using AI to recognize patterns is what it does best. What types of specific problems are you interested in solving?
    Mohammad Elzahaby
    Probably adding sources of the information. When using chatgpt, i oftenly ask it for sources or check the information myself with a quick google search. I think building some validation mechanism would be really nice :)
    Valorie Jones
    @mohammad_elzahaby I agree. I think the logical next step is for ChatGPT (or derivative) to automatically open the suggested references and highlight which sections are most relevant - using a combination of generative AI and more traditional semantic search.
    Mohammad Elzahaby
    @val_jones i am using chatgpt to populate a blog and sometimes the results are questionable and so i ask for sources :)
    Kia Hays
    I trust AI because I work at a company where I see the people "behind the curtain" so I realize that it is a product of its creator-humanity. That's actually the exact same reason why I don't trust AI! AI is a tool, and as with any tool there are use cases that are a good fit, and use cases that aren't. I've seen AI do really spectacular things when there is a good fit-especially in healthcare and education.
    Valorie Jones
    @kia_hays So what matter to you most is transparency - you need to see the algorithms and data that goes into it. And when corporations get involved, you need to trust the people at the company and what they stand for.