• Subscribe
  • Why do you do what you do? Has your purpose changed since you started?

Before you say something deep/altruistic like "We are doing it for customers..." (Yes, we all should.) Let's start with your inner initial motives. Why did you start? In many cases, one of the main reasons is: – gaining freedom in the future (aka earning money so they can have more time and space for themselves and their families) 🤝 My was "doing things I liked doing". (and the reason still remains – I only broaden the spectrum of activities I like and practice them).

Replies

Udaya Sri
    My primary motivation is to support my family financially, and my second motivation stems from my curiosity about how the world works. As someone in my early 20s, I'm eager to learn and improve, making a positive impact, no matter how small, within my family. I hope to grow from that foundation.
    Udaya Sri
    @busmark_w_nika Yes, that's my first priority.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @udaya_sri Support them. I have seen many young people secure their family future that way their parents can retire sooner. Is this your case too?
    Guillaume
    My initial motivation was wanting to work on my own projects rather than spending time on client work or on projects that didn’t feel meaningful or useful to me.
    @gde Match! 🙏
    Alex AI
    There are several reasons. First, family. My father has always been an indie hacker. Not in the software/tech sense, but in the sense that he always did everything on his own—houses, cars, businesses. He has so many skills and competencies that I could write a list for days. Second, I enjoy bringing to life the things that interest me. Third, freedom. Going to the office and spending time commuting, having discussions and conversations that didn’t interest me at all, made me think about alternative solutions. Why not do the things you want, be in the places you want, and participate in the conversations you want?
    @byalexai So initially, is it something done by tradition you want to follow? In my case, it is the opposite :D The tradition I do not follow at all :D
    Paula Schiffelbein
    We aim to empower people with technology and provide them with the opportunity to become entrepreneurs. Our purpose has always been the same. Until we accepted and embraced it as our main guide, we experienced what we like to call 'identity crises.
    @paula_schiffelbein Thanks for sharing this personal experience :)