Which type of login method do you prefer for your app?

Nerijus
13 replies
I'm seeking information about the benefits of implementing social login in a project. Furthermore, do you have any data or reports available that illustrate the utilization patterns of different login methods among your users?

Replies

Maël Harnois
Interesting poll. for me now writing down email (even if most of browsers can fill it for you) is like a no-go. It's so simple to just push `Log in with Google`, couple of clicks and it's done. Why would we even write anything down if it can be optimised 😁 We will probably end-up in a `one click` login somehow. At the end, as you try to optimise the checkout process to remove frictions and increase sells, it's the same to onboard user. Less interaction = less people dropping in the signup process.
Julien Zmiro
I think it could depend on the specifics of your app. For instance if it's closely related to a platform (you're building a Google Chrome extension), if people need to login often or not (if not, maybe a "magic link" is good enough), etc. I'd say in general it's always a safe bet to include a good old email login though.
Nerijus
@zmiro Thanks for your reply. At my MVP stage, I developed the project OpenQR (QR Code generator) with an email-based login system. I'm curious whether incorporating social logins can boost user registration rates and enhance their trust in the product.
Julien Zmiro
@nerijuso Yeah it doesn't seem like an obvious candidate for social logins. Maybe Github could make sense if a substantial part of your audience is made of developers? Also if it's not too expensive it might be worth A/B testing that or just launching another login method and measure its usage for a month.
Yevhen Melnychenko
For all apps use firebase google auth and email/password registration Thinking about Facebook, but not sure
Nerijus
@mailywizard Thanks. I will check Firebase. It might be the solution which can help quickly add new auth provider
Geri Máté
We use Ory's Kratos for our platform. Our users can use email login, or use their GitHub, GitLab, Google or Microsoft Azure account to sign in.
Ah, social login, the VIP pass to the digital party! It's like giving users a comfy sofa instead of making them fill out a lengthy form. Benefits? Well, it's like streamlining a chaotic wardrobe – less hassle, more style!
Developer X
Most of time, email and username are more solid.
Mark Curz
i think e mail is the best
Xalo Roubin
For technical apps, use Linkedin and Github but if it is more general, use gmail and e-mail.