Which is more productive for working: Remote or On Site?

Mark Lemuel M
32 replies
share your thoughts!

Replies

George Burmistrov
It's always depends on the person. For me, the on-site is more productive as there are less distractions than on the remote
Mark Lemuel M
@burmistrov you are probably right on that! followed, upvoted and reviewed your product! hope you can do too!
Luca
@burmistrov wow interesting, I find it the opposite. On-site I get a 1/10 of that I can get done remote. So many distractions with colleagues talking, noise, pulled into random things. Personal I like the balance of 4 days remote, 1 in the office. It helps me stay in contact with colleagues and build relationships, but at the same time help me get stuff done.
George Burmistrov
@luca3927 Hmmm, I guess yeah, colleagues talking and other stuff can be distracting, but I usually just put my headphones on and the music blocks all those distractions. Distractions at home are another kind, you know :D
Luca
@burmistrov haha lol I don’t have that problem. Maybe cause I have a dedicated room for working, plus I’m usually in a lot of meetings. Whatever works I guess 🤣
Andreas Sohns
It really depends on the team and the work.
Henry Habib
It depends on the person and their attitude toward work. It’s all about what suits each individual’s work style and preferences.  Also, we need to consider external factors.
Vaibhav
I didn't vote to keep it 50:50 because I personally believe it depends upon your style of working.
Mark Lemuel M
@vaibhavdwivedi absolutely right! some people are comfortable working alone and some are more on team!
Elias Ari
I'll leave it at 50/50 because it really depends on the individual. For me, remote work is more productive.
Igor Lysenko
I think that you don’t need to waste time coming to work or going out to eat. And working remotely frees up a lot of time that I can spend on work.
My3 Murthy
On collaborative days- "on-site" & on days we got to do deep work, remote.
Mark Lemuel M
@my3_murthy yes this is true! if you want deep work you also need to separate yourself from distractions! I reviewed and upvoted your product! I hope you do the same ! thank you <3
Vinod Katam
If you can stay focused, remote is really productive, but you also hit your limits and end up with fatigue, which will disturb your mental health and long term productivity. On the other hand, on side is controlled. You wont be putting in as many hours as you do in remote, and gives you a change of environment. When i was working remotely, I use to start my work at 8:30am and end up working till 2am. The since my home use to by work space, it was even harder cause my brain was stuck between the same walls, which built up a lot of fatigue. Though i was shipping things 3x faster, it really exhausted me, effecting my mental and physical health. So if one can find a balance, then either of them can be equally productive. May be an hybrid environment.
Mark Lemuel M
@vinodkatam94 this is also true on my behalf. especially when you are chasing payments. I reviewed and upvoted your product! I hope you do the same ! thank you <3
Kexin Liu
It depends. But for startups and small teams, when you want to ship fast, on-site might be a better choice, at least 2-3days on site :)
Mark Lemuel M
@liu_kexin yes . a balanced movement can increase your productivity! I reviewed and upvoted your product! I hope you do the same ! thank you <3
Rupal Saini
I haven't experienced on-site work yet, but I love remote work. Sometimes it's not as productive, but after taking breaks, I find a balance and it works.
Pratheek Adi
I think it depends on the job role and personal preferences. Some tasks may benefit from the focused environment of an office, while others thrive with the flexibility and reduced distractions of remote work. Each has its strengths, so finding the right balance is key to maximizing productivity.
KC Onrade
Both has its own perks and disadvantages. I mean, this is a case-to-case basis. I myself have tried both before but as I come to know my work style and personality, I really prefer to work remotely. Working remote doesn't necessarily guarantee you to be more productive than people working on site. It really depends.
Mark Lemuel M
@k_onrade yup but I prefer more on working remotely too! saves time and energy especially at traveling back and forth. upvoted and reviewed your product! hope you can do the same too!
Gabriel West
I feel like I get more done On Site if I am alone. If not Remote is the way to go. 4 days On Site and 1 day Remote is the good balance for me
Mark Lemuel M
thank you guys for the response!