• Subscribe
  • Which billionaires/founders/brands' success stories inspired you?

For me, it is Sir Richard Branson. (Virgin Company)

Replies

Annie Chopra
    So many!! But I recently read Sam Walton’s autobiography and that one has been almost life changing to read. Also obviously Barbara Corcoran, Daymond John, Maria Hatzistefanis. One thing I learned while reading and researching though is how often some stories are made up to be rags to riches when in all honesty they are just riches. Any that have “garage” in them for example😅
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    @annie_chopra I think I should move my business to the garage to be successful. :-D
    Robert Herjavec - frequently shown on Shark Tank series. Embodiment of the immigrant mentality and also proof you can have a good heart yet still be highly successful.
    Anthony Sellitto
    I have to agree on Richard Branson as he started off in Music... The whole reason for Virgin Airlines was because Virgin Music was paying to much to fly around artists on private jets. Also he is he has dyslexia which is also a challenge I have.
    @ax3com Have you read any of books by R. Branson?
    Anthony Sellitto
    @busmark_w_nika nothing yet more follow his linkedin stuff
    Dave-Anthony Smith
    Elon Musk all the way. Admire his grit, maverick nature and ability to always bounce back despite the tremendous odds. It's not even about his wealth for me. I don't even think he cares about his wealth as much as other people do. It's about the man. He's a rare breed.
    Louis Garnier
    Have you heard of Sara Blakely, the founder of Spanx? Her story is truly inspiring! She started with just $5,000 and turned it into a billion-dollar company. I highly recommend checking out her interviews and reading about her journey. Who else's success story has inspired you?
    @louis_garnier Wow, haven't heard, but I searched for her name and definitely she made it!
    Nick
    Bernard Marcus - Was a hardware store employee who got fired then decided to build his own hardware store company to compete with the local store that fired him. At the time he was broke, lived with his immigrant parents in a 4th story walk-up tenement apartment building in New Jersey. He got a small loan and started his hardware store in 1978. We now all know it as Home Depot.
    @reconcatlord That is impressive. When you mentioned immigrants, it actually occurred to me that between the 1920s and 1940s, many people from Europe left for America and founded production companies (Adolph Zukor as a co-founder of Paramount Pictures for example). I love the history of cinema. There are also many inspirational (business) stories here.
    Nick
    @busmark_w_nika Yes, and many came after war, as much of Europe was in bad shape in the late 1940s. Early cinema is really amazing, I like some of the early paramount pictures, I think Zukor actually directed it, the original Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, but my absolute favorite (and was my grandfathers fav) is the 1932 March of the Wooden Soldiers, with Laurel and Hardy. If you ever want to laugh and just enjoy a totally innocent fun film, its a great one, especially around the holidays. It's usually on streaming services in fall and winter.
    @reconcatlord Yeah, and also with Ch. Chaplin. Like those movies. They were so talented. In the presence, many actors have doublers. Chaplin, Laurel and Hardy or Harold Lloyd were able to do stunts on their own.
    Nick
    @busmark_w_nika So true, today everything is CGI, and technology based, along with stunt doubles, and advanced video editing. Plus these days, its hard to find a movie that is even worth watching, these days I am a documentary junkie lol
    AmazingSylvia
    Elon Musk, let me know people must dream big
    Anar Hagverdiyev
    I love the story about Tetris.
    @anar_hagverdiyev Isn't there a movie about that? I think I catched something like that.
    Anar Hagverdiyev
    @busmark_w_nika Correct, there is a movie about launching it by Alexey Pajitnov. Tetris (2023).
    Manab Boruah
    I am inspired by Zoho's CEO Sridhar Vembu.
    HubSpot, Duolingo, and Zoho.
    @mehul_fanawala I admire DuoLingo! Thanks to this app I am able to learn some new words in German and Spanish. Love their gamification concept.