• Subscribe
  • Whether it is Slack/Teams/Discord, how has your team used bots to overcome day-to-day challenges?

Hubert
    21 replies
    I know firsthand how annoying it can be to have to spend a lot of time looking up information or responding to the same questions repeatedly because I use Slack every day at work. I'm wondering if anyone else faces this problem as well and how you solve it today.

Replies

amir
    - have as specific as possible channels (e.g per project/phase) - embed the concept of temporary vs permanent channels - on individual level have "don't disturb mode" on all the time - have various of memeber groups and use them often to mention and target specific group of people rather than using commands like @here. - try to use tools and mechanism that enable us to recycle the content produced accrss spaces
    Abid Unnisa
    In a company I used to work, we used bots on discord to respond to people on the times we are not available, letting them know what are our working hours. As before that we had ppl working 24x7 waiting for people’s messages. As these ‘people’ were our students.
    Zeng
    @abid_unnisa That sounds like a really manual process - I hope someone explored automating those replies eventually!
    Hubert
    @abid_unnisa Awesome, when live human support isn't available, using bots to manage communication and provide information can be a very efficient way for businesses to guarantee that their customers or clients have access to the support they need. I'm now wondering if it'd be possible to set up the bot to automatically respond to particular kinds of messages or inquiries with predefined responses that offer details about your company or goods, like your contact details or policies. When live human support is not available, this could ensure that customers or clients have access to the information they require. Additionally, by employing natural language processing (NLP) strategies, we could teach a bot to comprehend and respond to more intricate or nuanced requests and questions. What do you think? @zenghoulim too
    Micheal B
    new user signups or new milestones are directly routed in our slack through our internal bot
    Zeng
    @micheal_b I see. What is the challenge here?
    Hubert
    @micheal_b Keeping track of significant updates and notifications! It sounds like this has been a useful solution for your team. Additionally, it can ease the workload of team members who would otherwise need to manually communicate this kind of information to the other team members. I'm wondering if you have ever faced a situation where this bot failed to meet expectations?
    Micheal B
    @hubert_chan1 @zenghoulim Hubert has put it really great, it has really helped to streamline the communication. I don't think we have faced any issues as of now, will let you know
    HAROON Khan
    I've been able to use bots in Slack to save time and streamline processes. For example, I set up a bot that automatically responds with answers to frequently asked questions so I don't have to reply manually every time. It's really useful for quickly getting basic information out of the way so I can focus on more important tasks. Additionally, bots are great at monitoring conversations and you can set up alerts for certain keywords.
    Hubert
    @haroon_khan14 I love the idea of setting up alerts for certain keywords 🔔 , cc: @zenghoulim new feature idea?
    Google Calendar bot is the best. I jump into the call by clicking the zoom link in the slack bot. Minor but effective :)
    Hubert
    @noyanidin I appreciate you sharing your Google Calendar bot experience 🙌. I might have to search up this bot because I love these tiny time-saving methods.
    Uday Patel
    @noyanidin Hey Noyan, We are launching An AI Slack APP, So we are still in beta version to test the additional capabilities with chatgpt in Slack. We are looking for ways to increase productivity and save time using slack and other products combined with AI capabilities. We are ready with 2 additional capabilities with chatgpt like google integration (Calender, which is widely used slack app) and chat context remember features (Same as ChatGpt), We are currently testing with 32 beta users for now. Plus we are building Clickup integration so people can easily create content, Code review, bug review, Strategy, blog ideas, blog content right from slack with our Ai bot and push it clickup as a task or assign a task with just talking to bot. Our GTM stategy is still a little weak we have started to spread the words on linkedin, medium, twitter and product hunt to just make people aware that this isn’t just regular chatgpt in slack. Its much more Please throw in some of your ideas and suggestions Maximize compose field Attach an image to your conversation with Justin Salsberg, MBA Attach a file to your conversation with Justin Salsberg, MBA Open GIF Keyboard Open Emoji Keyboard
    Matthew Kuzmin
    Asynchrony syncs with the rest of the team to make sure we are on the same page. Stand ups
    Carolina Nucamendi
    We use Geekbot for our standup. It’s a great reminder for everyone to keep track of tasks and give visibility to the rest of the team on what everyone is working on
    Uday Patel
    @carolinanmd We have build a slack APP basically. So we are still in beta version to test the additional capabilities with chatgpt in Slack. We are looking for ways to increase productivity and save time using slack and other products combined with AI capabilities. We are ready with 2 additional capabilities with chatgpt like google integration (Calender, which is widely used slack app) and chat context remember features (Same as ChatGpt), We are currently testing with 32 beta users for now. Plus we are building Clickup integration so people can easily create content, Code review, bug review, Strategy, blog ideas, blog content right from slack with our Ai bot and push it clickup as a task or assign a task with just talking to bot. Our GTM stategy is still a little weak we have started to spread the words on linkedin, medium, twitter and product hunt to just make people aware that this isn’t just regular chatgpt in slack. Its much more Please throw in some of your ideas and suggestions
    Dhruvin Patel
    Slack, we used a cool tool called Kudos to share compliments or constructive feedback. Good prompts regularly to make this happen