• Subscribe
  • When creating your product, what helped you find quality developers?

Dana Darr
    3 replies
    I would love to hear from people who are coming from little to no capital. Did you pay out of pocket for devs from Upwork? Is it possible to find anyone that will do it for equity? Money makes things easier, let's talk about how to get creative with a low budget.

Replies

Nicholas Watson
    Upwork can be painful these days, so much noise and AI-generated responses/proposals. Instead of combating it, they introduced features to make it easier! Doing for equity is a good option but make sure you have solid terms. Many developers will jump ship if they don't see the traction quick enough, and leave you with code you can't maintain. First stage always to validate the idea. Build a landing page or anything that can be done free. Maybe even a concierge or wizard of oz style MVP. Or even use a no-code tool! Many are free. I wrote an article on finding a good developer: https://surescale.ai/why-its-har...
    Nancy Cooper
    Networked with devs at hackathons, then vetted them with small paid projects before diving into the main gig. Worked well for my last ProductHunt launch.
    Dana Darr
    @nancycoop76 Do you participate in many hackathons? That sounds like a lengthy process to complete. Not that it's a bad idea, it proves they're capable and you work well together. I've participated in one hackathon so far and it was so-so. I should have chosen my team better vs. picking total strangers.