• Subscribe
  • Whats the worst launch day fail you've ever seen?

Hannah Sackett
    2 replies
    As our mentors would say, we learn more from our failures than our successes. This is why my team has a #fails channel as well as a #wins channel. Bringing a little light-hearted humor to a launch day. So let's get vulnerable and share. What have you been guilty of or have you seen out there?

Replies

Ivan Ralic
    Collabwriting
    Collabwriting
    First time I started playing with PH I wanted to launch a weekend project just to learn about how everything works. I've started working on Saturday morning (6am or so), I've got an Idea of how I'm going to distribute my Notion Template and created a Launch scheduled for Sunday morning. Spent my whole day binging and building everything, in the evening around 9 or 10pm I've started putting visuals on my product page, adding copy, first comment etc. Everything looked pretty good, I wanted to sleep a little bit, wake up early to do finishing touches (in my time zone products go live at 9am) Then at 9:30pm I got the ProductHunt notification. Upvote for my product that is scheduled to be launched tomorrow? 🤔 Turns out there was a bug, on Saturday morning I've scheduled my product for Saturday and not Sunday. I've spent my whole day working like hell on a product that was already launched, dying in the bottom because it wasn't having any visuals, explanations or freaking working links 😂 Here it is 😂 https://www.producthunt.com/prod...
    Judith Smith
    a brand new smartphone hitting the market with all the bells and whistles. Sounds amazing, right? Well, here's the kicker. Turns out, there was a flaw in the manufacturing process, causing a bunch of these fancy devices to overheat like crazy. It was such a disaster that they had to recall a massive number of them. Ouch!