What your biggest mistake was during your launch?

Nick Anisimov
25 replies
Our team is preparing for the launch ➡️ https://www.producthunt.com/prod..., and I have read a lot of feedback on the launch results, but let's talk about the biggest mistake you made on the launch. Feel free to share.

Replies

Dmitriy Pegov
I did not dare to launch. 😅
I haven't done a launch yet. Just planning it.
Andrey Bozhjev
Hey, Nick! What an important topic! Thanks for creating the discussion. I had planned to do a launch for this day - August 24, but realized I wasn't ready and two weeks ago moved the launch to October to prepare thoroughly. I would be very happy to have experienced makers share their knowledge here! By the way, the link to my product is https://www.producthunt.com/prod... I will be glad to have your subscription!
Nick Anisimov
@andrey_bozhjev do you have the teaser page?
Andrey Bozhjev
@nickanisimov After I moved the launch date, the teaser page got deleted. I made a new one, waiting for it to be reviewed :-)
Andrey Bozhjev
@nickanisimov The teaser page is ready to go! I would be glad if you subscribe to my launch https://www.producthunt.com/prod.... I hope my launch is without any grand mistakes! And if they do happen, I'll tell you about it in your discussion.
Anand Radhakrishnan
Hey great question? I am still figuring it out. I just did a launch for WebsitesToolz on PH today. Besides i am a solo founder and not very active. I hope people help me with the launch and check out WebsitesToolz.
Eddie Forson
For me when I launched EnVsion - not having enough subscribers - not having a deep enough "bench" of supporters past a certain point in the evening in the UK. I should have built a list of bigger list of supporters in the US for instance
Nick Anisimov
@ed_forson Thanks for sharing! How many subscribers do you think you need for a good launch?
Natella Nuralieva
@ed_forson thanks for sharing, that is a great point about the time zones that should be considered. @nickanisimov thanks for the great discussion
Eddie Forson
@nickanisimov Not sure. As many as possible lol. But try to amass at least 100 subscribers and keep them updated outside PH too so that they can come support you on launch day.
Eddie Forson
@natella_nuralieva you welcome. Make sure to be active on other platforms like Twitter to get as much coverage as possible!
Andrey Bozhjev
@ed_forson Thanks for sharing your experience. Made a note to myself about the activity outside of PH!
Tanjir Rahman
As a SaaS Product Demo animation explainer video expert, I launched my first product a few years ago. I was so excited about the product, and I thought it would be a huge success. But it wasn't. I made a lot of mistakes, but the biggest one was not doing enough research. I didn't understand my target audience well enough. I didn't know what their needs were, and I didn't know what they were looking for in a product like mine. I also didn't know what my competitors were doing. As a result, my product didn't resonate with my target audience. It didn't solve their problems, and it didn't offer anything that my competitors didn't already have. I learned a lot from that experience, and I'm glad that I made those mistakes early on. It helped me to learn what not to do, and it made me a better product developer. If you're planning to launch a product, I urge you to do your research. It's the most important thing you can do to ensure your success.
Olena Bomko
Not mine. But Product Hunt's: 1. They didn't show my product on their homepage for about 4 hours. Products with 5X less upvotes were there. 2. They disabled (and rescheduled) my product launch at all. People couldn't vote. 3. I went live in the middle of the day. 4. They apologized.
Nick Anisimov
@olena_bomko This is very sad. Yesterday, I saw problems with other accounts, and I was very surprised. I hope you succeed! Good luck!