What will you do different in 2024?

Geri Máté
25 replies
I'll spend more time educating myself (decided to read a book every month), do more things without the fear of failure, and spend more time on my side projects. What about you?

Replies

André J
Launching soon!
Try reading 100 pages a day. Basically all day 😏 That's 100 books in a year. I did 50 one year. Went through all the classics. After that year, things started to look fairly similar. A new idea is usually derived from an old etc. So now I just read book excerpts on IG. to realign my mind a bit. Lots of these book excerpt IG accounts that post great stuff. I also spam all my friends with the ones I like. Sorry. What will I do different? Just do what worked last year but more extreme. Protecting sleep, zapping time theifs, and hanging out with fellow makers like your self here on PH ✨
@sentry_co wow, did you retain all the info?
André J
Launching soon!
@geri_mate Just search for book excerpt on IG. And you'll find top accounts to follow. Or Book quote, or inspirational book excerpt etc. Or the title of your favourite books etc.
André J
Launching soon!
@slimmy82 That's the right question! And no, humans are horrible at remembering. but it's important to build mental models. You only remember the essence. You sort of forge the mental models into your brain, and only through actually experiencing these books over long time can that happen IMO.
Sarvpriy Arya
Marketing and building
Sambit Bhaumik
I'm going to try out different ways to improve productivity. Came across this article that recommended different styles for different sorts of people. I've only started to work since last year and it's been an interesting experience. This year, I'm eager to improve on my performance, and that's starts with being a more disciplined individual as a whole. And people seem to recommend reading books a lot 😄, so I'll try reading more.
Geri Máté
@sambit_bhaumik Very nice, do you have any methods and/or tools in mind to improve your productivity?
Lukas Rüger
Probably an unpopular opinion on Product Hunt, but I want to give less f*cks about things. Everything can be done better, faster, cheaper - seeing new tools and products everyday on PH doesn't help to stay focused and stay in your lane. So that's what I want to do in 2024: Give less f*cks about things, focus on the most important ones and just keep going. What's your take on this?
Geri Máté
@lrueger I think this is a very popular opinion, definitely my mindset since I turned 30 last year. Some things just not worth the amount of Fs we tend to give about, and at the end of the day, we're not here for a long time, so why not roll the dice and have fun with things? :D
Lunar
Better habbits and taking more risks
Geri Máté
@thtslunar Have fun with it! Getting comfortable outside your comfort zone is the best ability you can gain.
ISTIAK AHMAD
Hey Geri, This year i will make my first $1 mil. 😅😅 wish me luck
yifan
learn to be happy