• Subscribe
  • What we're the biggest mistakes while launching and how did you overcome them?

Alexandre Contador
    13 replies
    Let's talk shop!

Replies

James Chappel
    I underestimated the technical issues that could arise. Having a dedicated team to handle these made a difference.
    Ashik Hameed
    Great question, @alexdigitalmkt - Here are a couple of mistakes I made during my launch and how I overcame them: 1. Underestimating Marketing: I initially focused too much on product development and neglected marketing. To fix this, I started building a marketing plan early, engaging with the community, and leveraging social media to create buzz before the launch. 2. Ignoring Feedback: I didn't gather enough user feedback before launching. I overcame this by creating a beta testing phase, collecting feedback, and making necessary improvements based on user insights. 3. Overloading Features: I tried to include too many features at launch, which overwhelmed users and led to bugs. I learned to prioritize the core features that solved the main problem and gradually added more features based on user needs. Learning from these mistakes was crucial for improving my subsequent launches. What about you? Any lessons learned? @alexdigitalmkt
    Kostya Bolshukhin
    @alexdigitalmkt @ashikhameed All 3 are really on spot! Super tempting thing if your product doesn't work out — go and create some new features. And it doesnt really fix anything:(
    My3 Murthy
    @alexdigitalmkt @ashikhameed All are great points but point 3 is so important. I recently saw a tweet by someone saying "I am not building any more features until I reach 10K MRR" & it was so refreshing
    QING LI
    Absolutely, launching a product can be a rollercoaster with plenty of lessons learned. Here are some of the biggest mistakes we encountered during our launch and how we overcame them: 1. Lack of Pre-Launch Marketing Mistake: We didn't build enough buzz before the launch, leading to a slower initial uptake. Solution: We started leveraging social media platforms, engaging with communities, and creating a pre-launch email list. This helped build anticipation and gather a base of interested users ready for the launch. 2. Underestimating User Support Needs Mistake: We didn't anticipate the volume of user queries and support requests, leading to overwhelmed support channels. Solution: We scaled our support team and implemented a robust helpdesk system. We also created a comprehensive FAQ section and tutorial videos to address common issues, reducing the load on our support team. 3. Ignoring Feedback Early On Mistake: Initially, we were so focused on our vision that we overlooked user feedback. Solution: We set up regular feedback loops, using surveys and direct user interviews. Implementing user feedback helped us make critical adjustments that significantly improved user satisfaction and product performance. 4. Overloading with Features Mistake: We tried to launch with too many features, which diluted our core value proposition and led to a complex user experience. Solution: We streamlined our feature set to focus on the core functionalities that provided the most value. This made the product easier to use and allowed us to market it more clearly. 5. Poor Timing Mistake: Our initial launch coincided with a major competitor's product announcement, which overshadowed our efforts. Solution: We rescheduled our marketing activities to avoid such clashes in the future and started monitoring industry events and competitor activities more closely. 6. Inadequate Testing Mistake: Our product had several bugs at launch due to insufficient testing, leading to negative user experiences. Solution: We implemented a more rigorous testing process, including beta testing with a small group of users before the official launch. This helped us catch and fix issues early. How We Overcame These Challenges Engagement: Constant engagement with our user community helped us stay aligned with their needs and expectations. Adaptability: Being flexible and willing to pivot based on feedback and market conditions allowed us to make necessary adjustments quickly. Team Collaboration: Open communication and collaboration within our team ensured that we addressed issues promptly and effectively. By sharing these experiences, we hope to help others avoid similar pitfalls and navigate their product launches more smoothly. If you're dealing with document management as part of your product, tools like PDFtoPDF.ai can streamline your workflow, making your launch process more efficient.
    Jonah Muye
    One of our biggest mistakes was not defining our target audience clearly. We overcame this by conducting thorough market research and adjusting our marketing strategies to focus on the right demographics.
    Peter Nick
    I underestimated the importance of pre-launch marketing. Building buzz beforehand made a big difference once we adjusted.
    Daria Ofitserova
    Once, we changed both the niche (from company-contractor relationships to recruiting) and the market (from Europe to the US) at the same time, and we failed dramatically 🙃 Now, I only make one big change at a time.
    My3 Murthy
    Waiting too long before launching!
    CY Zhou
    One of our biggest mistakes was underestimating the importance of pre-launch marketing, which resulted in a slow start. We overcame this by ramping up our social media presence and engaging with potential users early on.
    Mitchell Marshall
    I underestimated the need for ongoing marketing efforts. Continuous marketing was crucial post-launch.
    Luke Wright
    I initially overlooked competitor analysis. Keeping an eye on competitors helped us refine our approach.
    Gurkaran Singh
    Launching without a clear target audience was like playing darts blindfolded, but we course-corrected by diving deep into market research and hitting the bullseye with precision targeting. It's all about learning to aim before you throw, right?