• Subscribe
  • What ways to improve your mental health do you use?

Diana Akchurina
    23 replies
    7 ways to improve mental health which I try to follow 1. Laugh Laughter prolongs life, strengthens the immune system, raises mood, reduces pain, and protects you from the destructive effects of stress. Watch comedies, read funny books, and socialize with cheerful people. Another solution is laughter yoga. The essence is that if you pretend to laugh, you get the same effect as from real laughter. It may be worth trying. 2. Implement a system Implementing a system allows you to free your brain from unnecessary thoughts. Preparing a menu for the week, lists of standard purchases, for example, food products, and a clear schedule of sports activities—all of these help to stop thinking about the daily routine. 3. Take digital detox days We spend a lot of time in the digital world. Try to exclude gadgets from your life for one day, for example, on Saturday. The results of a digital detox can be different: a "refreshed" mind and, therefore, increased productivity, as well as improved relationships with family. 4. Social connections Harvard scientists have found that strong relationships are the key to a happy life. It is the strength of our relationships that most determines whether we feel happy. Ideally, of course, it is best to communicate in person, but in our time, this is not always possible. And here is another interesting study—it turns out that talking by voice, even over the phone, reduces stress levels. By the way, when was the last time you called your relatives and friends? 5. Enjoy Get a massage, enjoy food, take a walk in the middle of the workday. Create a little stress for your body, after which relaxation will come, for example, engage in sports intensively. Dance, engage in the sport that brings pleasure. 6. Find meaning in life Not necessarily for the rest of your life, but for some specific period. Professional development? Volunteering? Raising children? Live in the moment, focus on the plan, and enjoy the process. For example, you moved to another country and cannot work full-time. Perhaps it's time to think about doing something else, taking a break. Realize what you have long dreamed of but put off for the reason of not having time. 7. Learn to say no No to unnecessary information, no to unnecessary people, no to abusers and affairs that are not needed, no to everything that makes you sad, worried, and gain weight. In recent years, the culture of minimalism has been actively developing, and for good reason. It's a vivid example of the fight against information overload and hyperconsumption, which unfortunately lead to burnout, as well as more serious things like heart attacks, including among young people. The most important thing is to take care of yourself. Remember to prioritize not only your physical health but also your mental health, which will help you live a more productive, happier, and successful life.

Replies

Richard Rubenstein
    Some good ways here... Mines easy, spending every free moment I have with my 3 year old who's direct (and cute) approach to life brings me balance!
    Salar Davari
    Thanks for sharing this great information. Sometimes we forget how great life is and worry a lot about things that are indeed trivial.
    Katherine Roepke
    I prioritize my mental health through a combination of strategies and practices that help me maintain a positive and balanced mindset. First and foremost, I make sure to allocate time for self-care activities. This includes setting aside moments for meditation and deep breathing exercises, which help me manage stress and anxiety. Additionally, I engage in regular physical activity, such as jogging and yoga, as exercise has proven to be an effective mood booster.
    Aden Will
    thanks for sharing
    Jake Harrison
    Exercise everyday
    Artyom Sviridov
    Thanks for sharing! I simply try to relax whenever possible, have enough sleep every day, and enjoy my hobbies.
    Dzmitry Tsemirau
    Nice list. I would add the physical activity.
    Philipp Shay
    Engaging in sports, practicing meditation, focusing on your breathing, jotting down your thoughts, eating healthy food, getting quality sleep, and love.
    Jarry
    I'm actually having a hard time managing my own health.. I use various medications to improve my immune system and mental health. And here https://www.canadapharmacy.com/ I choose the best for myself)