• Subscribe
  • What was your moment that made you realize, ‘This product has a heartbeat’?

Sushir
    8 replies
    There’s usually this odd moment when a what you're building stops feeling like just an idea. Maybe it’s something a user said, an unexpected thing you saw a user do, or the data just confirmed it. Suddenly, it's real and exciting. What was that moment for you? It took us a while, iterating and pivoting, trying to find that one thing the world really needed and we actually wanted to build. And then it happened, we were talking a potential users and suddenly we saw them all light up in a way we hadn't before. Then it really happened, when we saw the data from the app and saw a clear moment where drop offs suddenly almost disappear.

Replies

Simon🍋
    First passionate user feedback or seeing real-world impact. Feels amazing.
    Sushir
    Launching soon!
    @simonas_kauzonas it really does. It's kind of amazing how much it means to hear someone enjoy something you built.
    James Edward Thompson
    Seeing our first 100 monthly active users was huge for me. It's one thing to build something you think is cool, but knowing there are real people out there finding value in what you created - that feeling is incredible and so motivating to keep going!
    Sushir
    Launching soon!
    @jamesedwardthompson I completely agree. The emotional reward from people genuinely using and enjoying something you built is quite deep. Building something has a lot of good and bad days for various reasons and it's moments like this that bring them all into better perspective. Congratulations on your success so far.
    Joshua Daniel Scott
    The first time a user messaged me saying how much they loved using my app and that it made a real difference in their day. It's an amazing feeling knowing something you poured your heart into is out there having an impact, even if just for one person. Those are the moments that keep you going when things get tough!
    Sushir
    Launching soon!
    @joshuadanielscott I really feel this one. Hearing from a person who went out of their way and took some time out of their day to send you a message is something quite special. How often have I gone out of my way to thank someone for building something? I can't even remember, but someone did that for me, reminds me that I should do that more.
    Michael Bennett
    When we got our first passionate email from a customer saying how much our product helped simplify their work and save them hours per week. Total game changer moment realizing the real-world impact!
    Sushir
    Launching soon!
    @michaelbennett I distinctly remember that first email. I think there are a large number of days of doubt that are wiped from memory by a single positive email.