What UI/UX trends will take shape in 2023?

Manab Boruah
23 replies

Replies

Mangesh
Colorful designs, bold typography, and lots of animation.
Manab Boruah
@mangeshsom any reason why bold typography? I personally like to keep it lean and thin.
Mangesh
@manab_boruah bold because it's lauder. i have seen the data that the bold typo = higher conversion rate
AlaskasWorld
Mixed Reality + Augmented Reality. Motion Design. Immersive Scrolling. 3D Imagery. Gradients. Brutalism. Wellness. smiONE
Richard Gao
In terms of design process? More AI generated ones. So expect to artwork that would have been relegated to big name companies due to having money for illustrators now in the hands of smaller players. So less generic stock image use overall, since people will just rely on AI now. Likely more chatbots integrated in the website as well, since GPT-3 is now more popular. As for overall design? That seems to evolve slower than in a year. I'll expect websites to have a similar look as they did in 2022.
Evelina Radoycheva
I'd love to see an increased use of motion design and animation to make interfaces more engaging and interactive.
Manab Boruah
@eve_rad can't agree more. But while some people like motion design and animations, there is a growing number of minimalists who want clean and simple pages that talk to the point.
amir
Not sure about trends. But by raise of large language models, we eventually will go more towards less UI layers and more direct/intuitive in HCI.
Jim K
AI and back to basics