What tools do you use for creating internal software documentation?

Rada Vassil
8 replies

Replies

Julie Campbell
For creating internal software documentation, I primarily use tools like Confluence and Notion. They’re great for organizing and collaborating on documents. Before deciding, always check reviews to make sure the tool meets your requirements. If you’re considering different options, you might want to apply to shelterluv customer service. They can provide info about their documentation tools and best practices.
Jerryton
Launching soon!
Earlier I use Confluence
Rada Vassil
@jerryton Thank you Jerryton. What's your take on the quality of the documentation produced?
Jerryton
Launching soon!
@rada_vassil1 Content language have to be consistent in all the documents Clear guidelines Automate wherever possible Constantly update documents And It will be better if you have search functionality in the documents
Notion is good
Gurkaran Singh
When it comes to creating internal software documentation, I rely on the dynamic duo of Confluence for collaborative writing and Jira for tracking tasks. It's like having Batman and Robin on your side, but for organizing your tech projects!
Pradeepa Somasundaram
Creating internal software documentation can be efficiently managed using a documentation tool or a knowledge base. We have been using Document360 2.0 for software documentation and internal Knowledge base. This allows us to create multiple projects, all of which are maintained in a single repository. Document360 Features AI Search: With an AI-powered search assistant, you can quickly search your documentation, avoiding long searches to find the piece of information. Markdown Editor: Provides a user-friendly interface for writing and formatting content. Version Control: Helps track changes and maintain different versions of documents Dashboard: Allows you to check the key insights of your knowledge base project in a single screen. Role-Based Access: Ensures that only authorized personnel can access or edit specific documents. Custom Branding: Allows customization to match your company's branding. Analytics: Offers insights into how the documentation is used, including search terms and popular articles. Other tools you can explore are Confluence and Readthedocs.