• Subscribe
  • What tools do you use for API management?

Rohan Chaubey
    8 replies
    Do you work with APIs? If yes, how do you keep track of logs, debugging issues, and documenting everything? Are there any tools you're currently using to make your workflow smoother. Would love to hear your experiences and recommendations. Shoutout to Treblle for inspiring this discussion.

Replies

Menelaos Kotsollaris
    I believe Pendo.io is very underated, but I use it a lot for API event management
    An
    VHire
    VHire
    Launching soon!
    Perhaps most people will use Postman or swagger, but I recommend you to use Postcat. This product has a simple experience and is open source. It currently has 5k stars. It is a product worthy of attention.
    Aritra Das
    PostMan is better even few years ago everyone said that the vscode extension Thunderclient will wipe out but still developers including myself feel more aligned with the postman's ui and its collection feature also the ease of setting parameters, using variables for multiple params its so good to use.
    Yasmina Tappan
    Postman is my go to for testing and documenting APIs. It's super easy to use and has great collaboration features.
    Lethe Li
    It looks like there’s no single tool that can cover all the needs you mentioned. For debugging APIs, I used to rely on Postman, but now I’m using Postcat because Postman feels too complicated for my simpler use cases. As for tracking logs, that’s usually where an API gateway comes in. Nginx has basic access logs, but it struggles with flow control. I’ve tried both Kong and Apinto, and each has its strengths. I’d love to hear what tools others are using!
    Amjad Ali
    I use Insomnia for API requests. It's lightweight, and I love the simple interface. Makes debugging less of a hassle.
    Blake Martin
    Cursor and GPT can produce pretty solid documentation—I'd say it gets about 80% of the job done. I usually organize my endpoints into separate services based on their functionality, which makes it easier to go through each file and generate documentation for that specific service. It’s an efficient process. I use Fly for deployment, which provides a Grafana instance for each app. This makes searching logs and debugging much easier.