• Subscribe
  • What tools and apps help you stay organized and productive remotely? πŸ“±

Amit Arora
    16 replies
    Here are some tools and apps that can help you stay organized and productive while working remotely: => Trello: A visual tool for organizing tasks and projects. You can create boards, lists, and cards to manage your work. => Slack: A messaging app for team communication. It helps you stay in touch with your coworkers through channels, direct messages, and video calls. => Google Workspace: A suite of tools like Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Calendar that helps you manage emails, documents, and schedules. => Microsoft Teams: A collaboration platform that combines chat, video meetings, file storage, and integration with Microsoft Office apps. => Asana: A project management tool that helps you track tasks, set deadlines, and collaborate with your team on projects. => Notion: An all-in-one workspace where you can take notes, manage projects, create to-do lists, and organize information. => Evernote: A note-taking app that allows you to capture and organize ideas, to-do lists, and important information. => Todoist: A simple and effective task manager that helps you create to-do lists, set priorities, and track your progress.

Replies

Harold Gary
    Your list is useful! Thanks. I am using these software and tools: =>Obsidian : I use it as a "library" to store notes. =>Workflowy : It is a simpler way to stay organized. =>iBoysoft MagicMenu : It helps me customize Finder's right-click menu on the MacBook Pro; now only one click is required to create new files, copy/move/send documents, instantly access files, software, and URLs etc. => XMind: Mindmapping => Zotero : for reference management and bookmarks => Zim-wiki : for notes and ideas
    Harold Gary
    Zim-Wiki is free, super lightweight, simple, and fast. I use it many times a day to quickly jot down ideas/questions and sometimes write a daily journal. It's just text files, so I can manually edit them, sync them in a cloud service, etc. I never worry about data loss. You'll love it, too.
    Amit Arora
    The Action Tracker - Life Planner
    @harold_gary this is a very nice collection Harold :) any reason for using Zim-wiki? would love to learn. because we have notion as well now and noticed notion is also well organized and easy to use.
    AndrΓ© J
    I recently switched out notion / google workspace for https://stash.new and I use Github for issue tracking / kanbanboards. Slack yes. No alternative to slack. For video calls, I use whatever the person calling me uses. I use apple notes for iPad Instead of Evernote. As for todo lists. I use stash.new for that too.
    Amit Arora
    @sentry_co Andre, that's interesting to hear. would love to know more about what made you feel that stash.new is better than noiton/google workspace?
    AndrΓ© J
    @amit_arora 1. works on any device, no install, no login. 2. urls are secure, and easy to share. 3. has all you need and non of what you don't need. To sum it up: It's extremely frictionless.
    Kan Singh
    Can't live without project management! For remote collaboration, tools like Asana or Trello are lifesavers. They keep everyone on the same page with clear task assignments, deadlines, and progress updates. Plus, being able to share files and leave comments within the platform eliminates unnecessary email chains and keeps everything organized.
    Amit Arora
    @kan_singh Project management is the heart of every work that we do :) I remember Trello is the first tool many years back that I started with and it has been mindblowing since then. It only evolved more with time.
    Abhra Ch.
    Hey @amit_arora! πŸ˜„ These are some fantastic tools to stay organized and productive! I personally love using Trello for its visual appeal and Notion for its versatility. Google Workspace is my go-to for collaborative work. Have you tried using any integrations between these tools? They can make workflows super seamless! 😍
    Amit Arora
    @abhra_ch integrations for them are really helpful. Any integration that you can suggest and you liked?
    Gurkaran Singh
    Ah, these tools are like the Avengers of remote work - each bringing their unique superpowers for ultimate productivity! Time to assemble your organizational dream team and conquer tasks like a pro!
    Amit Arora
    @thestarkster yup, you are bang on my friend. Gurkaran, would love to hear about tool(s) that have help you in your journey. :)
    Kehui Guo
    I cannot live without Google Calendar:))
    Amit Arora
    @kehui_guo hehe, same here. It is simple but very powerful. Kehui, we would love to hear about any other tool(s) that have helped you in your work. :)
    andi wir
    Thanks for the helpful list.
    Amit Arora
    @andi_wir welcome my friend, Andi. :) will be glad to hear if you were using any product that has helped you in your work or personal life.