What the best advice you received about your startup?

Sushil Sharma
27 replies

Replies

Irina Gheorghiu
Have a great cofounder ! Its a long journey and indeed it is very helpful to feel supported!
Shreyanshi Gupta
The best advice I ever received about my startup was to never give up. While it's challenging at times, remember that the journey is what makes the destination so rewarding.
Sushil Sharma
@shreyanshi_gupta1 Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Yes. never give up is the best way to move forward and get sh*t done.
Sushil Sharma
When you found a startup, you get a lot of advice and are often overwhelmed, but after a few years of leading the startup and facing all the problems, you realize that following the advice is the best thing you did. I always give advice to young ones who are starting. "Always remember why you started it." It will help you to overcome the thought of giving up.
flo merian
"Just f**king do it."
Marin Smiljanic
I'd echo @shreyanshi_gupta1 's comment, as perseverance really is the single most important resource for a startup founder. But I'd also say don't get too wedded to your initial idea and (at least for B2B) talk to your customers often and be prepared to reach based on their feedback.
Sushil Sharma
@shreyanshi_gupta1 @marin_smiljanic Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We need to balance the perseverance and pivot, it's good to change over a period of time with customer feedback.
Apurv Kaushal
A company pre PMF is way different than companies post PMF -so when taking advice, always figure out where you lie and ask the right people.
Sushil Sharma
@apurv_kaushal Yeah, it's very important to check whose advice you seek. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Yassin Bouacherine
Do not put a time limit on success, keep pushing and let it happen when it is supposed to.
Varun Varma
Just one word - Persistence! Keep at it and you will find a way!
Xu Geng
What we got is "execution is more important than strategy". I think once you have a strategy, then execution is your top one priority. Without 100% execution, no matter how beautiful plan you have, the result will be under expectation.
Derrick Abincha
In the beginning, focus on the users first not the product. It's users, then product :) How about you @sushil_sharma2?
Sushil Sharma
@derrick_abincha True my friend. Keeping users in the centre of development is the best advice for any startups.
Johan Steneros
You gotta start somewhere.
Sushil Sharma
@jsteneros This is a great push for people over think about starting their startup. Thanks for sharing it.
Elif Duran
"The people come first, then the product." It is applicable to both the team and the users. When you achieve this, success will always follow.
Sushil Sharma
@elifduran Wow, great advice. We all should focus more on our team and users. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Launching soon!
Never afraid of challenges. Do not take risks beyond your capabilities and resources. Never expect success overnight.