• Subscribe
  • What software development project estimation techniques do you use?

Tatiana Vdovychenko
    3 replies
    Top 6 Techniques of Effective Software Development Project Estimation by JetSoftPro, a software development service 1. Analogous Estimation 2. Bottom-up Estimates 3. Project Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT) 4. Putting Functionality into Numbers 5. What-If Analysis 6. Expert Judgment Here you can learn more: https://jetsoftpro.com/blog/mastering-effective-software-development-project-estimation-techniques/

Replies

Steven Godley
    Thanks for the information. It's a very useful source! I started my journey in software development, so I have yet to finish projects. Actually, I work on some that require development, but for now, I prefer using professional help. It's better to get the help of professionals and have a quality finished project, but it's also challenging to find one which will satisfy all the needs and requirements. Not a long time ago, I read some info here, and it told me about the creation of MVP, which I think is an amazing thing to do if you have an idea, but not that sure about it. And I think that when I will have one idea, I'll do the same, not spend a lot of money, effort and time on something which may not work in the end.
    Daniel Steemit
    Thanks for sharing these techniques, Tatiana! JetSoftPro's insights into software development project estimation are invaluable. Each method, from analogous estimation to expert judgment, offers a unique perspective on tackling project estimation challenges. Diving deeper into these techniques can provide a comprehensive understanding of how to effectively estimate project timelines and resource requirements. For those venturing into project estimation, it's worth considering insights from experts in the field, such as a mobile development company (https://wirefuture.com/ionic-dev...). Their experience in developing mobile applications can offer valuable insights and strategies tailored to the intricacies of app development projects.
    Pavel Kukhnavets
    Choosing the most effective software development project estimation technique depends on various factors such as the project's scope, complexity, and the team's familiarity with the project requirements. Here are two techniques that I typically apply: - Expert judgment. This method relies on the experience and intuition of seasoned project managers or team leads to estimate the time and resources needed for the project. - Function point analysis (FPA). This technique is systematic and involves counting the software's functionalities and elements to derive a quantifiable measure of its complexity. This count is then converted into effort and time estimates using predefined conversion rates. FPA is useful for large projects where the requirement details are well-understood. Another important point here is the implementation of reliable project management estimating software https://ganttpro.com/cost-estima.... It will simplify your efforts and lead to success faster.