• Subscribe
  • What's your worst investor meeting fail?

Rihab Lajmi
    11 replies

Replies

Luke Wright
    During a meeting, I accidentally shared the wrong screen, showing my personal emails instead of the pitch deck. Talk about an embarrassing moment.
    Rihab Lajmi
    @luke_wright1 Oh no, but I am sure it wasn't that bad :) Happens a lot!
    Nathan Luke
    I once forgot my laptop at home, so I had to pitch without my presentation. I felt completely unprepared and flustered!
    Rihab Lajmi
    @nathan_luke I think it's a great learning experience, been in a similar situation btw and after that I have practiced pitching without the slides just in case! Also the elevator pitch is super important! :)
    Simonas Kauzonas
    We secured a meeting with a potential buyer but completely forgot about it....
    Rihab Lajmi
    @simonas_kauzonas Been there as well (was because of a delayed flight)! but they were nice enough to reschedule.
    Mitchell Marshall
    I once got caught off guard when an investor asked a tough question. I stumbled over my words and didn’t have a solid answer ready.
    Rihab Lajmi
    @mitchell_marshall1 Been there too! and learned to never try and answer questions I do not have the answers to, I usually try to say things like "We are still working on that" or "we are in the process of figuring that out".
    Lazar J
    In a meeting, I used the wrong company name when addressing the investors. It was awkward, and I could tell it didn’t make a good impression.
    Larry Kim
    I had a tech issue with my presentation slides, and they wouldn’t load. I ended up trying to pitch without visuals, which was a struggle!
    Rihab Lajmi
    @larry_kimm Been there :)