• Subscribe
  • What's your video editing stack?

Rohan Chaubey
    43 replies
    Hey fellow Product Hunters! 👋 I'm diving into the world of video editing and I was wondering what your favorite video editing tools are! 🎥✂️ Whether you're a professional editor or just someone who enjoys creating videos as a hobby, I'd love to hear your recommendations. Are there any software programs or apps that you find particularly user-friendly and feature-packed? Personally, I'm looking for something that offers a wide range of editing options, including silence cutting, zooms, chapters, podcasts and adding effects, etc. And of course, it would be great if it's compatible with both Windows and Mac. So, please share your thoughts and experiences! Which video editing tools do you swear by and why? Currently, I am planning to go with FireCut as I discovered this amazing plugin on the PH community by Suhail and Ali. Also hunted them today, check it out and support them here: https://www.producthunt.com/posts/firecut-ai Feel free to drop some pro tips and tricks too for video editing. Can't wait to dive into this world of creativity with your help! 🌟💡 Thanks in advance, and happy editing! 🎬😄

Replies

hayato onodera
    Canva and CapCut
    Rohan Chaubey
    @hayato_onodera Thanks for sharing :)
    Aljoša Židan
    Before, I was deeply invested in Adobe (Premiere and After Effects), but I transitioned last year to DaVinci Resolve and can't imagine going back.
    Crystal Hirtle
    @aljosa_z I'm curious to know, why do you prefer DaVinci Resolve over After Effects?
    Olaf
    Wois: World of Inspirational Speakers
    Wois: World of Inspirational Speakers
    Launching soon!
    @aljosa_z same story, transitioned to davinci. Super simple UX, just enjoying it. However it’s a pro tool, which requires time to learn. Capcut is the king for fast engaging video for beginners. Would recommend that as well 👌🏻
    Aljoša Židan
    @crystal_hirtle AE is still way better for graphic animatons (or maybe I am just so used to it?) but Fusion is also extremely powerful. But i would say is more directed towards cinema stuff.
    Rohan Chaubey
    @aljosa_z Awesome, I know many creators who use DaVinci :)
    Emilia Korczyńska
    I typically use Canva for editing ad hoc promo videos for social media, but will check FireCut out!
    Olena Bomko
    The LinkedIn Inbound Playbook
    @emilia_korczynska1 Emilia, so happy to see you here ❤️
    Rohan Chaubey
    @emilia_korczynska1 Canva is so easy to use! I love it!
    Jake Harrison
     Free Essay Checker AI
    Free Essay Checker AI
    CapCat with ChatGPT Plugin and the Opus, AI auto long video to shorts
    Rohan Chaubey
    @jakeharr Whoa, I will check it out! :)
    Shivangi Awasthi
    This is awesome, Rohan. I really loved this. Supported and upvoted! Good luck. :)
    Rafa Pagés
    Vologram Messages—Amaze, Engage, Connect
    I do most of my work on Resolve, but we use Canva templates for social media posts, that way anyone in the team can do it and I'm not the bottleneck 😅
    Rohan Chaubey
    @rafapages Ah yes Canva has no learning curve :)
    Nishant Modi
    Filmora, Canva, Capcut
    Rohan Chaubey
    @nishant_modi Capcut seems popular :)
    Drew "Sales Playbook Builder" Williams
    https://www.opus.pro/ is a really cool AI tool. I use it to cut up long videos.
    Rohan Chaubey
    @drewsalesplaybookbuilder Thanks for sharing, I will check it out :)
    Baseless - AI-Powered No Code Builders
    Baseless - AI-Powered No Code Builders
    Adobe,kinemaster or inshot
    Rohan Chaubey
    @rameshkannan Thanks for the recommendations :)
    Olena Bomko
    You can try DaVinci Resolve.
    Rohan Chaubey
    @olenabomko I know some of my friends use it, I will give it a try! :)
    Yasi Rajaee
    I can't believe no one has mentioned Imovie in this thread yet!
    Rohan Chaubey
    @yasamanrajaee Thanks for sharing :D
    Sam Smith
    Canva and Filmora
    Toni
    Da Vinci Resolve and CapCut for short or social videos
    Rohan Chaubey
    @toni_pm Super cool!
    Stephen Richard
    DaVinci Resolve 🎥✂️
    Alice Ko
    - Screenstudio (for product demos, walkthroughs, and updates) - Loom (for casual updates) - Lumen5 (AI-generated videos with great captions) - Canva (for easy video editing/creation) - Descript (great for editing long-form video)
    Crystal Hirtle
    @kokostiletto Wow this is a great list Alice! Thanks for sharing!
    Susan Fischer
    Capcut on PC✨✨
    adam albo
    Yep, DaVinci resolve; I also recommend capcut for fast, easy stuff. For motion graphics, After Effects, but that's a tall order to learn after effects from scratch.
    Kathleen Jager
    Canva, and Premiere pro
    Daniel Leeman
    Screen Studio for product recordings, editing + Studio Sound on Descript.