What’s your prediction for tech startups in 2024?

Anastasia Liamets
19 replies
I personally believe that more startups are gonna expand their product-led growth, and overall merge product + sales processes together. And machine learning based on user behaviour to influence every step of user journey to build highly personalised experiences. What’s yours?

Replies

Nishkarsh Srivastava
i think we're going to see more exciting companies solving really hard problems -- im genuinely excited to see what's coming. I've seen companies that are changing the paradigm of computation from scratch. we're also attempting to change the paradigm of we work with our apps. would love for you to check out our launch - producthunt.com/posts/findr-5
Peter Hansen
There is no doubt for me that IA will dominate the start-up milieu. It will affect both the general citizen and heavily influence industrial production. I think we will see that the re-shoring of production will start taking place on a larger scale with the increased automation, and this will be good for the climate as one of the biggest carbon sinners, logistics, will diminish. It may also cause the Chinese and other Far Eastern production industries to suffer.
Thomas Hallaran
@trumpeter how does this work, why would automation increase reshoring - lower need for domestic labor?
Peter Hansen
@thomas_hallaran Since the automatized processes do not depend on cheap labor, it'll be more profitable to move the production closer to your target markets and save on transport costs. That's the simplest explanation I can give; of course, there are many factors involved.
Thomas Hallaran
Last year was the year of the LLM provider and simple chat interfaces. 2024 will be the year of the AI Application layer. Apps that deliver value for business and allow staff/ process optimization will crush.
Ruslan.D
@thomas_hallaran Maybe it won't be so fast. The complexity of the models increases exponentially and is available only to IT giants (too expensive) Therefore, let them live in the new world and the rest of the world in the old one))
Gevorg Nazaryan
My optimistic prediction: Openai releases new features and another million startups go bankrupt. 🙃
Julia Zakharova
My team created a predictive product. We will soon open access for IT infrastructures. I think it's fundamental.
Carter Michael
I think AI is still going to be highly featured in a lot of products. I do hope it dies out where it's not needed -instead of the trend of putting it wherever possible.
Anastasia Liamets
so true @carter_michael fingers crossed not ALL the products and features will be automated, we need some humans there
Rayan Zeggari
Seeing a lot of VCs closing their funds at the moment and they have to invest this cash in the next two years. History repeats itself and I see exuberant valuations especially for AI companies. These companies will then be overvalued and most of them will go out of business in the next 2 years (just like what happened with the micro-mobility market)