• Subscribe
  • What's your opinion on using AI for UI generation?

Soheil
    5 replies
    I've been playing around with AI tools like v0.dev, which got me thinking - why not use this tech to simplify something we all deal with? That's how MailMonkey-AI was born, a tool specifically designed to help with email newsletters. Check it out here: https://www.producthunt.com/posts/mailmonkey-ai So, what's the verdict? Is this a futuristic leap, or just the perfect blend of tech and laziness for designers? Let's hear your thoughts!

Replies

Benson Gao
    It's really nice, did you make it yourself?
    Shiva Tejasvi
    Using AI for UI generation can streamline design processes, enhance creativity, and improve user experience, but it may also lack the human touch and understanding of user needs. Having a mix of customizable options would be preferable
    Timothy Charles Wilson
    I think using AI for UI generation has potential but needs a human touch too. Maybe AI can help generate initial ideas and mockups to streamline the process, then designers can refine and customize from there to ensure it meets user needs. Having the right mix of AI assistance and human expertise could be the sweet spot. I'd love to see tools that let you start with AI-generated UI elements and then easily tweak and tailor them.
    Susan Kingsley
    Sounds cool! I'll check it out. We have a UX/UI agent built into Review My eLearning that reviews elearning courses for UI/UX. Some Instructional Designers are slightly weak in that area so we added that to get suggestions on how to improve.
    Christopher Allen Scott
    I've been experimenting with using AI to generate UI elements and it's pretty impressive! Tools like Uizard and Locofy can generate functional UI code from wireframes or mockups. They aren't perfect, but can be a huge time saver, especially for roughing out ideas quickly. I think pairing AI generation with human refinement and tweaking is the way to go for now until the AI gets even better.