What's your go-to productivity hack when you're feeling overwhelmed or unmotivated?

Max Krasilov
6 replies
1. I like to take a break and engage in some physical activity, whether that's a quick workout or a brisk walk outside. 2. Another technique I use is to break down my tasks into smaller, more manageable steps and prioritize them according to urgency and importance. 3. Finally, I find it helpful to take a few minutes to reflect on my goals and the progress I've made so far, to remind myself why I'm doing what I'm doing and regain my motivation.

Replies

I use Ivy Lee Method, im always on top of my tasks with it :)
Irina Haupt
Oh, two very different feelings for me! Overwhelmed: I try to squeeze in time with a colleague to get a different perspective on things. I feel work often flows easier afterward. Also, I tend to eat all the fries I can fit in my belly! haha Unmotivated: I start with small tasks, so I can check something off of my list. Seeing more and more checkmarks usually gets me in a more motivated state of mind.
Irina Haupt
@jungle_explorer I don't expect anyone NOT to mention them!! :D I will follow this thread for that reason now hahaa
Jameson Lyon
Make one task visible, and hide the rest until that task is done.