What's your go-to music when building your product?

Elia
55 replies
I've spent several hours building websites, and the energy source I depend on (except food, etc.) is MUSIC! What do you usually listen to when building your product? Fun question (If you have launched): What were you listening to after launching your product?

Replies

Aaron O'Leary
Jazz or Lo-fi, anything that kind of keeps me chill while I encounter errors ๐Ÿ˜…
Abhishek Singh
@aaronoleary Are there some great jazz tracks or playlists you listen to?
Aaron O'Leary
@abhishek1846 I have my own playlist but I listen to a lot of Buddy Rich and Miles Davis these days!
Elia
@aaronoleary Hahah, nice one! Yeah, I can live on Lo-fi and jazz
Jake Crump
Any version of jazz. And sometimes blues, although not as often. Lately, I've been mostly listening to a lot of New Orleans jazz.
Elia
@jakecrump Beautiful, I do that too quite often, its calm and well played music. Thanks! Do you listen on Spotify, YouTube or Apple music?
Abhishek Singh
@jakecrump @eliaxvibrant Great, jazz listeners. I've just started listening to jazz after listening to only rock for more than 5 years. It's definitely more calming. Listen to it on Apple Music
Rich Watson
I usually listen to podcasts, sometimes talk radio lol
Elia
@richw That's also very nice! I do that too occasionally!
Amy Choi
I listen to a piano playlist on Spotify! I can't have word or song's I otherwise like otherwise i end up singing along ๐Ÿ™ˆ
Elia
@amy_choi1 That's a tricky one! I listen to music without words when it comes to text.
Elia
@jjwills91 Nice! That works when you really wants to add up energy!
Lara Tankal
Podcasts as well as lo-fi works great for me
Cat Hicks
Iโ€™m usually listening to binaural beats not music. They help keep me focused. But if I am listening to music it canโ€™t have lyrics cause they distract me so Iโ€™m listening to EDM or classical.
Elia
@cat_hicks It's easy to be distracted by lyrics if you are writing / reading. I felt like your comment was a good advice!๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ
Maximilian Torggler
Probably a bit biased, but I use soundescape.io + Spotify (e.g. pairing rain sounds with Hania Rani Piano feels like entering Zen garden)
Elia
@scriptify NICE! Haha, entering it for sure๐Ÿ‘Œ
Michael Silber
I'm a big fan of listening to movie soundtracks while I work. It makes everything feel more epic. Video game albums are also fun. As long as there aren't words, it will usually work for me.
Michael Silber
This Zelda lo-fi album is particularly good https://open.spotify.com/album/3...
Elia
@product_at_producthunt Thanks for the playlist, Michael! I really like it! Yeah movie soundtracks are excellent when working, but it can be too dramatic๐Ÿ˜‚
Tamas Rigoczki
When I code, I usually listen to 'Bass Boosted Car Music', there are lots of them on YouTube. Or recently discovered the sub-genre called Phonk, I have created a remix based on what I found on YT and called it PowerMix.
Elia
@allobrox Awesome! I also been doing that, thanks for the suggestion!
Guillaume Clement
100% lo-fi and Jazz on Saturday mornings.
Elia
@guillaumecleme That's awesome! And don't forget the coffee.
Guillaume Clement
@eliaxvibrant more espresso, less depresso ๐Ÿ˜‰
Arth Tyagi
trap and instrumental rock for sure.
Elia
@arth_tyagi Oh yeah, for sure! Any certain rock group?
Sefa Sarฤฑkaya
I listen to a few epic movie soundtracks. Well, not a long playlist. Because I build apps with www.mobiroller.com literally in minutes. ๐Ÿš€
Elia
@sefasarikaya Nice, yeah those soundtracks are good!
Kwesi Peyna
Lupe Fiasco - The Cool...it keeps me hungry and chasing!
Elia
@kwesi_peyna So nice to hear that a song keeps you chasing, keep on going!
Daniel Koster
Synthwave! ๐ŸŒ† You can find 8 hours of good 80s inspired tracks here: https://open.spotify.com/playlis...
Elia
@kostarados Thanks for the playlist! I appreciate it, man!
Ryan Hoover
Big fan of vapor wave from artists like A.L.I.S.O.N. and Memorex Memories. ๐Ÿฅฐ
Elia
@rrhoover Nice one, thanks for the suggestions! Works well when coding๐Ÿค—
Nisshtha Khattar
Most of the time I listen to a lo-fi instrumental track on repeat >.<
Rahul Asthana
Imagine Dragons, Eye of the tiger or classics like them to give some motivation. Though before starting and to get in the zone, I use 40Hz Binaural beats [
], as its scientifically proven to enhance focus.
Elia
@rahulasthana Nice songs, they give energy! Do you listen to the whole 30mins of 40Hz sound?
Rahul Asthana
@eliaxvibrant Not entire 30 mins, but only for 10-15 mins.
Lis Ko
swings between low fi chill vibes soundscapes, and something with an upbeat constant pulse. sometimes k r&b for the grooves
Jeff
classical piano :)
Elia
@jeff_sonny Nice! Whit lyrics or without?