What's your favourite workspace communication tool and why?

Shay
17 replies
We used many tools formal to informal and ended up creating our own product. I want to hear your journey in picking the right communication apps for your startup.

Replies

Robert Cox
Our journey in selecting communication apps for our startup involved extensive research, user feedback, and ultimately building a custom solution that perfectly suited our needs
@rcox64 hey that's awesome! What is the main pain point your solution is addressing?
Janet Nelson
My favorite workspace communication tool is Slack because it promotes efficient collaboration, seamless integration with other apps, and fosters a sense of community within my team.
@janetnelson73 Yea seems like many people like Slack, we also used it ourselves, but had a problem when dealing with external parties who didn't have slack. How did you go about this?
Keith Hernandez
We explored various communication tools, weighing the pros and cons of each, until we discovered the perfect combination that allowed seamless collaboration and boosted productivity for our startup.
@keithh_121 That's great to hear, given that for modern day startups just having communication tools isn't enough, we need that collaborative aspect, glad you found a good combo that works for you. 🙌 If you don't mind what tools ended up sticking with you?
Doris Sanders
Through trial and error, we tested multiple communication apps, seeking the ideal fit that would foster effective teamwork, streamline processes, and enhance overall communication within our startup.
@dorissanders77 so in your case the main 3 things you looked for in the tool was if it helps with teamwork, streamlines processes and overall has an effective communication experience for everyone involved in the startup.
Ruby Bryant
My favorite workspace communication tool is Slack because it provides a seamless and organized platform for collaboration, allowing me to stay connected with my team and exchange ideas efficiently.
@rubybryant555 Hi Ruby, I agree Slack is good for collaboration and brain storming. A problem we had was, emailing others and keeping people who don't have slack in the loop. How did you go about this issue?
@svitlana_palamarchuk What was it that you liked the most about it and how did it help you?
Mei
Slack, despite the hate it gets is a classic.
André J
Launching soon!
Slack is great because it's async. So slack.
Garland Coulson (Captain Time)
I prefer to use comments within my task management system to communicate on tasks and projects and email for general office communication. I hate Slack and find Slack to be a productivity killer.
@captaintime Yes commenting on jira was something that we also do, keeps everyone informed on any blocks and progress. Why do you think slack affects productivity?
Abdulsalam Muhammad
Choosing the perfect communication tool is like finding the right coffee blend – it's a journey! We've danced through a variety, from formal to informal, and even birthed our own creation. What about you? Spill the tea on your favorite tool and the twists in your app adventure! Oh, and have you checked out the magic at https://unspot.com ? It's a game-changer for startups – efficient hybrid work, team togetherness, and streamlined workflows. Cheers to the ultimate workspace wizardry!