• Subscribe
  • What’s your best strategy for discovering a gap in the market?

Miyene Tom
    16 replies

Replies

Nelson Martin
    I start by analyzing what’s already out there and then ask myself, “What would make this even better?” That’s where I often find gaps.
    Nihal Ahamed
    The Tech Stack For Fundraising Founders
    The Tech Stack For Fundraising Founders
    Direct answer would be the G2 platform. Pick a category and see how many competitors are there in the product and serving which Industry. Pick a category and an Industry to niche down your value prop. I would also recommend you build something that has bad reviews on G2 to tap on the existing potential.
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    Observing new problems of people. Ideally, when that problem repeats again and again.
    Smoteria
    I tend to look at what’s trending and then figure out what’s still missing. If everyone is focused on one thing, there’s probably a gap somewhere else.
    QRtiger - Best QR code generator
    Chat with Chat GPT and then taste test to reality to see if it makes sense.
    Amard Sonal
    I usually start by looking at problems I face in my daily life or things that could be done more efficiently.
    Allegra
    For me, it's all aboout experimenting with small ideas and seeing what sticks. If something resonates.
    Iulian D
    My go-to strategy is to closely observe emerging trends and listen to customer feedback, especially where frustrations or inefficiencies are mentioned. I also like to explore adjacent markets to see if there’s something that could be adapted or improved in my target area. This combination often reveals untapped opportunities :)
    Hudson Roman
    For me, it's all about experimenting with small ideas and seeing what sticks. If something resonates, I know I've found a gap.
    Karen Stephanie
    I usually start by listening to complaints or unmet needs in online communities. It’s surprising how many gaps you can find just by paying attention.
    Dontell Levesque
    I think observing what frustrates me or others in daily life often reveals untapped opportunities.
    Tiger L
    AIPhone.AI
    AIPhone.AI
    Pay attention to small annoyances or inconveniences in your daily routine. For example, look at challenges you face while shopping, commuting, or cooking. These might indicate needs in the market.
    Leo Sebastian Callahan
    One strategy is to look at product review sites like G2 to find categories where there are a lot of competitors but the products have mixed or negative reviews. That signals a potential gap where you could build something better. Also look for categories that are lacking solutions for specific industries or use cases to find an underserved niche. Basically find where existing products are falling short for customers and zoom in on that.
    Alice
    In my experience, discovering a market gap often comes from personal frustration with existing products. I try to look at areas where my own needs aren't fully met and think about how I could address those gaps.
    Yiraika Bacchi
    I find that talking to people in different industries can reveal unexpected gaps in the market. I love attending industry events and networking with others to get fresh perspectives.
    Thomas Jackson
    Yeah definitely look at competitor reviews for gaps. Also try using keyword research tools to see what people are searching for but not finding great solutions. Maybe there's an angle or niche those competitors aren't addressing well. Combine those insights to find your unique opportunity.