What's your best purchase of 2022 that improved productivity?

Nithin Jawahar
24 replies
This year I purchased my first mouse with customisable keys - Logi M650, and I was mind-blown. I've always had a bad time remembering keyboard shortcuts and this mouse was a real life saver for me - as I could customise all my keyboard shortcuts on my mouse. it's the best gadget I purchased this year. What was your best purchase of 2022 that improved your productivity?

Replies

Joan Mateo Duarte 🚀
New phone. My latest was in really bad shape and it does not help with working with my phone.
Nithin Jawahar
@joanduarte my phone also almost gave up this month after 3 years of usage. Placed order for the new one ✌️
Emmanuel Debrah
Well only one product comes in mind. That’s my iPhone 😅😅😅. Seriously I don’t have a laptop or anything to access the internet so my iPhone is used for everything. Bought it in March 2022 and that’s what I use for all my personal and business. I don’t earn much so I do my best to be economic with the little I have available.
Nithin Jawahar
@emmanuel_debrah you run your entire business from your IPhone? That's the first time I'm hearing that. Wishing you a prosperous 2023 where your business grows bigger.
MszPro
An iPad mini with Apple Pencil. I carry it on my hands all day, and I use it to manage my schedules, ToDo, and sometimes just use it as a notebook. It is the mini version because it is easy to carry. And having a clear daily schedule definitely helps with productivity.
Nithin Jawahar
@msakurainu Cool. are you able to use your iPad as a laptop replacement or you still carry your laptop?
Ganesh Patil
for me its a Laptop!
Emmanuel Debrah
And also in Ghana, you have to be able to use the little you have to achieve something
Kunal Rajelli
A Macbook and height-adjustable work table. Love working while standing. Crazy how productive it can be.
Nithin Jawahar
@kunal_rajelli1 wow. I used to think standing tables were just a gimmick. Maybe I should give it a try next year.
Fabio Rotondo
Github Copilot subscription. It boosts my productivity 2x.
Fred Lunau
It's a toss up between my first NAS ever (Synology) and using Nebo + Apple Pencil to replace tree-pulp pages. The NAS wins, I think. Running Docker images & web dev on it is a dream - no more need for a VPS!
Nithin Jawahar
@fredlunau you can run websites & apps on your NAS? I never knew that. That's cool! How is your experience replacing VPS with your own NAS?
Minha Nadeem
A new laptop. My previous one was very laggy (I made peace with it) but ever since i got the new one, it makes me more motivated to work effectively and efficiently.
Jesse
2 things I bought simultaneously just the other day have dramatically improved my workflow. 1) AppBlock for iOS and Android (I have 2 phones). I have it set to block my emails, news apps, and social media from 4am to 12pm, so I can focus on writing the moment I wake up. No more waking up and grabbing my phone and wasting an hour in bed. 2) 1Focus on Mac. It does the same thing, but on Mac, it blocks apps and websites at scheduled times. I wish there was a Mac version of AppBlock. But I'm happy to support 2 subscription services that work equally as well. While there are tons of website and App blockers, these work for me because I can choose to restrict myself from unblocking the apps for a preset time. So when I make a commitment to work now, there's no way to distract myself with social media, emails, or other news.
Nithin Jawahar
@jesse_self Awesome! It's great that you're able to get your time back from distractions to focus on important things.
Michael
My Macbook. Since I have it I am nonstop working. Especially in the evening while watching tv shows on the couch.
Aditya Asabe
I'd say my new iPad. Comes in handy and solves a lot of situational problems for me.
We launched our website „Tira“ today, maybe you want to check that out! Tira is an all-in-one solution for team collaboration. With features like a chat, a board for to-do lists, a calendar and many more. The idea behind Tira is to stop the constant app switching to keep in touch with your team, especially when working remote or hybrid! This is supposed to increase productivity and gives you the possibility to use your time for your work! We would be very grateful for some feedback so we can improve our product and can truly meet our customers needs!