• Subscribe
  • What's your advice on influencer marketing? ✍️ + steps on creating a marketing strategy

Kehui Guo
    21 replies
    I've been working on some influencer marketing and wanted to share some things I have learned. Launching an influencer campaign for digital products involves identifying the right influencers, creating engaging content, and leveraging the power of social media platforms to reach your target audience effectively and achieve the desired metrics. Here are 5 steps to create a successful influencer campaign: 1️⃣ Identify your goals * Understand what goals you need to meet, how to track your KPIs, how to measure the success of the marketing campaign. 2️⃣ Determine your audience * Understand who is the ideal customer of your product, what problems they have, and what types of social media platforms they use. 3️⃣ Create a budget * Determine how much you can afford to invest in influencer marketing. 4️⃣ Find the right influencers * Examine who you want to partner with, and who their followers are. * Things to look for in a potential influencer: 1. Good reputation 2. Strong engagement rate (stats should be on an upward trend) 3. LTV (Lifetime value): reveals the revenue a business can expect to make from a single group of customers. 4. Tone that matches that of your brand 5. Content creation quality 5️⃣ Track metrics and optimize your strategy * Track your metrics and the success of the influencer campaign, and make adjustments when needed. Looking forward to hearing more suggestions on how to maximize the results of influencer marketing<333

Replies

Lazar J
    I think your approach is great! Additionally, it can be helpful to clearly define the roles and expectations for influencers to ensure they deliver content that aligns with your brand’s message and goals.
    Kehui Guo
    @lazar_j1 Absolutely! Having a clear and actionable brief is very important to align both parties on the same page and avoid misunderstandings.
    Eveertee
    I agree with your approach to influencer marketing. One thing I’ve found effective is running small pilot campaigns with a few influencers before scaling up.
    Kehui Guo
    @eveertee_e Great idea. Thanks for sharing!
    Sitara Ismail
    I think its valuable to focus on building long term relationship with influences
    Annie Engelhardth
    From my experience, setting clear goals and tracking metrics throughout the campaign helps me understand what's working and where adjustments are needed.
    Mitchell Marshall
    One additional idea is to utilize influencer partnerships for live events or webinars. It’s a great way to engage directly with your audience and build a stronger connection
    Armind Hash
    I'm curious about how you decide on the budget for influencer collaborations. Any tips on calculating ROI before diving into a campaign?
    Kehui Guo
    @armind_hash It involves so many factors: comparing with ROI from our existing marketing efforts like TT, FB ads; checking online for benchmark price; checking with your budget on the entire marketing campaign and determining how much you want to invest in influencer collab, etc:)
    Luke Nick
    You might also want to experiment with performance-based compensation models for influencers.
    Kehui Guo
    @luke_nick Yepp for some collabs, we are offering performance-based compensation models. The budgeting and compensation models depend a lot on the status of influencers.
    Luke Wright
    I agree with the steps you have shared! Another idea is to regularly review and adjust your list of influencers based on performance metrics.
    Kehui Guo
    @luke_wright1 Thank you! Yes, consistent update and tracking are necessary.
    Rebaika James
    Have you thought about integrating influencers into your community building efforts
    Kehui Guo
    @rebaika_james Right now we are separating these two parts, collaborating with YouTubers, and also launching marketing campaigns on Reddit communities. If your influencer marketing campaign matches with your targeted community, then I think it'll be helpful to integrate them!
    Marc Chia
    One particular point is the product's Ideal customer Profile and the influencer strategy must be matched.
    Kehui Guo
    @marc_spectre Yes absolutely!
    YaSh ChaudharY
    Interesting. Just curious to know how do you measure engagement rate and LTV from influencer marketing ?
    Kehui Guo
    @yashchaudhary That really depends on your business. In my current situation, sometimes we cannot measure that specifically. But for instance, if we add a new feature or filter based on a specific campaign, we can track those details.
    Linda Robinson
    Influencer marketing can definitely be effective, but tracking metrics is key. I'd recommend tools like Hootsuite or Sprout Social to monitor engagement rates, clicks, and ROI from your influencer campaigns. Also, don't ignore micro-influencers - they often have higher engagement rates than mega-influencers. Spend time nurturing authentic relationships with influencers who really align with your brand. And don't forget to give them creative freedom - overly scripted content won't resonate with their followers. Hope this helps!