What's the worst product you've ever built?

Chris W
6 replies
I've built a lot of products in my life. When I look back, some of them were comically bad ideas. I'll start: A decentralized social media platform (a thousand people have tried this) An augmented reality company (before there were any usable augmented reality headsets) What are yours?

Replies

Hjalte Niehorster
I once created a Facebook before Facebook existed, it was meant to digitally meetup with your bar friends… and it design was a bit puke 🤮inspired.
Joep van den Bogaert
If the founders of Airbnb had given up a bit earlier, it would also have gone down as a comically bad idea - have people pay to sleep over on an air mattress in your house 😅 Bad ideas can foster amazing companies and the other way around.
Jon Wesselink
I'm an award-winning filmmaker, and my first gen of making commercial videos was all over the place, but one that was reoccurring was outstandingly bad. I'd pair with a dance studio - their niche was relaxed, no pressure, no stress. That also meant no commitments and no practice. What I didn't realize is that the lack of pressure in these dancers turned my 2-minute video from 6 hours of editing into 200 hours of editing to dodge all the bad moves and cover up mistakes. 10/10 would not do again 💀
Chris W
@jonwesselink Hahah that's a great story. It's a classic example of - "Future me will deal with that"
Gurkaran Singh
Ah, the classic "learning experiences" in product development. Your examples remind me of my early attempts at creating a self-cooking oven and a teleportation app (spoiler: they didn't quite pan out). It's all in the name of innovation, right?