What’s the number one reason people quit working on personal projects?

Sneha Nair
10 replies

Replies

AndreaWang
Time & prioritization - building anything good is time consuming so ultimately it is a question of whether or not you want to put in the time and effort.
Gigi Damyanova
For me - there's a tipping point between the fun of building it and then actually trying to get it in people's hands. Some projects are just for fun, there's no real need for them or there's already a saturated market with much better solutions.
Javier Marco
For me - the opportunity cost involved
Marlene Konu
I think, it's the fact of not getting immediate results. They are maybe in mind the success story of gurus faking overnight success. That's why I hate people saying: "I'm working only 4h per day & run a $500k biz" Come on. Let's tell the truth. Show the ugly face of the coin. Let's be vulnerable in this game. It's unfair to make people believe it's easy to be a solopreneur. What they should say: "I have spent 5 years struggling to build a solid foundation. There have been a lot of ups and downs. I have faced imposter syndrome, self-doubts, self-sabotage... But now I manage a team to make even more. I'm not alone anymore." Stop selling fake promises. Being a solopreneur is just about finding the right balance. But starting by throwing a lot of peanuts in the void. And one day, collect them to make the most delicious peanut butter.
Jamie Garside
Traction. The fun part is building, the hard/frustrating part is getting traction.
Mark Wright
From my experience, it often boils down to lack of time and motivation
Daniel
personal project are nice, But sometimes when having a limited knowledge about coding can me a way to stop. when you make a tool and you don't find any other people interested.
Igor Lysenko
Maybe a loss of motivation, or personal reasons.
Igor Lysenko
Aloss of motivation, or personal reasons.
Ruslan.D
lack of public interest to it