What's the most savvy way to look for painkiller ideas?

Karan Arora
9 replies

Replies

Karan Arora
. Currently I know 4 ways to find problems worth solving: 1. Identify current challenges: Note down the problems you face while building or tinkering (e.g. Marc Louvion built Shipfast because he wanted to ship products in days, not weeks). 2. Observe recurring issues: Look at problems people share repeatedly (e.g. Indie makers were sharing Stripe banned screenshots over X, so again Marc built ByeDispute. Although it might be possible that he might have built it when he was banned). 3. Improve existing products: Build a better version of existing products (recently, many indie makers launched boilerplates, so Ulric Musset is building a code generation platform where you can build an app in minutes, not days). 4. Explore low competition areas: Build something where competition is low, and there is a chance for improvement (e.g. there are 500+ AI directories, but there are around 10+ directory submission services, so we launched BoringLaunch as a productized service)
David Christopher
the best course of action is to consult a doctor or other healthcare provider. They can diagnose the cause of your pain and recommend the most appropriate treatment options, including safe and effective painkillers if necessary.
Diksha Patro B
Listen from target audience directly - you can start with Yourself / your friends and family for the issues that they are currently facing then work backwards and see the market scope and competitors for the same.
Karan Arora
@dikshapatrob Do you decide on the target audience first or the idea, or is it the other way around?
Diksha Patro B
@gamifykaran Target Audience (larger segment), then based on market gap and idea, I niche down further, pivot if needed
Carter Michael
Savvy, maybe not. But asking an audience is often overlooked.
Karan Arora
@carter_michael Agreed Do you decide on the target audience first or the idea, or is it the other way around?
Carter Michael
@gamifykaran idea is what I’ve done before and regretted it. Think it might take some more time to find an idea you can execute on from audience first but I think it’d pay off more long term.