• Subscribe
  • What’s the most important thing to focus on when growing a business?

Casper Brix
    19 replies
    What has worked for you? And, perhaps, what hasn't worked for you and why?

Replies

Dila
    I think the most important thing is understanding and meeting customer needs. Ensuring that you offer a product or service that addresses a desire will drive customer satisfaction and loyalty. This involves continually gathering feedback, analyzing market trends, and adapting your offerings to stay relevant and competitive.
    Tatiana Voropaeva
    Amazing question! With my marketing background, I am constantly testing marketing channels and growth ideas to have a sustainable portfolio that will support a growth. Why should it be constantly? Because when a business is growing, companies typically should spend approx. 40% of their marketing budget testing new channels. Another thing from product perspective - to think about how to improve your current growth model.
    A Momin
    Maintaining the product/service quality. I've seen people become lazy as soon as their business started to make profit. That's where the downfall begin.
    Alexander Kovalov
    When it comes to metrics, focus on revenue. But when it comes to business in general, focus on your customers. If you truly care about your customers, you'll learn more about their pain points, which will help you improve your product and emphasize these pain points in your acquisition channels. All of this will organically lead to revenue. It’s a simple concept, but it’s very difficult to implement and consistently maintain focus on.
    Henry Porter
    @retro bowl The most important thing to focus on when growing a business is understanding and serving your customers. This means listening to their needs, offering value, and continuously improving your product or service based on their feedback. What has worked for me: building strong relationships with customers and creating a clear brand identity. This has helped increase loyalty and referrals.
    Suprabhat Biyani
    The most important thing to focus on when growing a business is delivering consistent value to your customers. This builds trust, loyalty, and long-term success.
    Divya Ladha
    The most important thing when growing a business is understanding your customer’s needs and solving their problems effectively because while solving their issues, we also learn about the things that we can improve in our product. Relying too much on trends or shortcuts if you say, definitely doesn't help, it's like suggestions by the consumers and is that suggestion scalable and profitable or not.
    Derek Carlson
    when growing a business, I'd say focusing on understanding your customers is key. Know what they need and keep them happy.
    ❉ Ksenia
    your early hires are crucial — 'the first ten people will determine whether the company succeeds or not
    Aamir Carroll
    For me, it’s about staying adaptable. The business world changes quickly, so being able to pivot and adjust is crucial.
    Musa Dejesus
    I think the most important thing is building a strong team. Having people who are motivated and skilled can make all the difference.
    Iulian D
    Understanding your audience. Knowing what they need helps you serve them better and grow faster.
    Morgan Foster
    I focus all my attention on work and improve the quality of my product and service
    Sawyer Matthews
    The most important thing to focus on when growing a business is delivering consistent value to your customers.
    Alexa Gray
    The most important when growing a business is understanding your customers needs and solving their problems
    Beyza Kumanova
    That's a good question to think about. :) I think first and foremost is establishing and maintaining a talented and visionary team that understands your vision. I don't believe it's likely to bring exceptional value to your customers with a mediocre team. Find the right people, let them reflect their capacity, and they'll do wonders!
    Terrence Kelleman
    #1 = Profitability it doesn't matter how many sales you make if you're not profitable.
    Emily Grace Thompson
    Definitely focus on customer acquisition and retention! Make sure you deeply understand your target audience and their needs. Constantly gather data and feedback to iterate on your product, messaging, and growth channels. Stay focused on delivering real value and building relationships. And as you scale, invest in your team and systems to maintain a strong foundation.