• Subscribe
  • What's the most important thing to consider when creating a community policy?

Joy kalu
    13 replies
    Especially when it comes to outlining enforcement mechanism and consequences for policy violations?

Replies

Teekaram Yogi
    A tranparante moderation process is crucial for fairness. What’s your approach to resolving conflicts and enforcing rules?
    Vaibhav
    Flow State Training
    Flow State Training
    Launching soon!
    I think it would be a very subjective task based on what kind of community is being formed.
    KurachiWeb 倉地 俊輔
    The most important thing I think: When a post is deleted by moderator, explain to the poster why it was deleted. ↑This will also help reduce inquiries from users. Other candidate 1: Show examples of posts that will be restricted in policy. Other candidate 2: As a general rule, delete content using human moderators rather than AI (however, delete criminal data automatically using e.g. Amazon Rekognition). Hope it helps :)
    M Fikri
    The most important thing when creating a community policy is to ensure fairness and transparency. Clearly outline the rules, enforce them consistently, and make sure the consequences are proportionate to the violations. Also, provide an appeal process so users can challenge decisions if needed.
    Martin Gulp
    Clarity is key. Make sure the rules are simple and everyone knows what’s expected and what happens if they mess up
    Lia thomas
    Focus on fairness. The policy should be fair and protect everyone. Have a clear way to handle complaints and make sure everyone knows how it works
    katheleen Chips
    Difining the community's purpose helps everyone stay aligned and understand what’s expected. How do you make sure everyone is on the same page?
    Uthappa Robb
    Gathering feedback and updating policies based on it is important.
    Atlas Reed Kingsley
    It really depends on the specific community, but I'd say having clear guidelines around respectful communication and protecting members' privacy are pretty key considerations. Also important to think through processes for handling potential conflicts or rule violations in a fair way. Just my 2 cents! Curious what others think.