• Subscribe
  • What’s the most creative way you’ve marketed a SaaS product without paid ads?

AnnaHo
    22 replies
    Let’s share creative approaches that worked!

Replies

Archana Jha
    Launching soon!
    Joined platforms like Reddit, Quora, or forums where most target customers spend time. Helped answer their questions and solve their problems without trying to sell our product right away. Over time, people become interested and start checking out our product on their own.
    AnnaHo
    Launching soon!
    @archanajha That’s a great approach! Engaging in communities and offering value without being pushy definitely builds trust and long-term interest. Thanks for sharing!
    AnnaHo
    Launching soon!
    We used a strategy called "product-led storytelling," where we created an interactive microsite that walked users through real-world scenarios using our product. This drove organic engagement and allowed users to experience the product in a meaningful way without any ads.
    Harald Frank
    @annaho2000 sounds cool, does it still exist? can you share the link?
    AnnaHo
    Launching soon!
    @haribelafonte07 Thanks for your interest! Unfortunately, the link no longer exists.
    An
    VHire
    VHire
    Launching soon!
    I don't have much experience in marketing that stands out, but I saw a security gateway tool host an online hacking competition where everyone could attack his tool, and the winner could receive $1,000. In the end, according to his sharing, he earned ten times more than this cost, which left a deep impression on me.
    AnnaHo
    Launching soon!
    @an_zuo That’s a brilliant approach! Hosting an engaging competition like that can definitely generate buzz and attract attention. Thanks for sharing this unique idea!
    Veeresh Devireddy
    We collaborated with several popular apps to push notifications and get quick traction.
    AnnaHo
    Launching soon!
    @veeresh_devireddy That’s a smart approach! Collaborating with established apps must have provided great exposure. Thanks for sharing this unique strategy!
    Claire Martin
    I haven't done it yet, but I have read a lot about starting a podcast and building in public
    AnnaHo
    Launching soon!
    @claire_martin2 That sounds like a great approach! Podcasts and building in public can really help create transparency and engage your audience organically.
    Vlad Yan
    We actively blogged and promoted SaaS through search traffic.
    AnnaHo
    Launching soon!
    @vladislav_yanchenko Great strategy! Blogging is such a powerful way to attract organic traffic and build credibility over time. Thanks for sharing your approach!
    Cerca Hedgecock
    I built a free tool for my audience and shared it in communities, which sparked interest and got people to explore my product without needing ads
    AnnaHo
    Launching soon!
    @cerca_hedgecock That's a brilliant strategy! Offering free value upfront really builds trust and drives organic engagement. I’ll definitely consider this approach for my next launch.
    Timothy Bramlett
    So definitely the most creative way I have marketed a SaaS product without paid ads is when I was marketing Notifier by actually using Notifier to market it. So I started listening for mentions of "social listening" on Reddit and would assess and figure out if that was a good post or comment for me to reply to. Bye to.
    AnnaHo
    Launching soon!
    @timothybramlett That’s a clever approach! Using your own product for promotion is both resourceful and authentic. Thanks for sharing this unique strategy!
    Dedew
    One of the most creative ways to market a SaaS product without paid ads was leveraging user-generated content. We launched a community challenge, inviting users to share their most inventive use cases of the software. The best entries got featured in our blog, and we gave away exclusive features as rewards. This not only showcased the product's versatility but also sparked organic social sharing and word-of-mouth referrals, driving traffic and sign-ups
    LDJ Beatless
    Buffup.AI
    Launching soon!
    We hosted a virtual hackathon challenging participants to innovative uses of our SaaS platform. This not only generated buzz and user-generated content but also showcased the versatility of our product, leading to organic growth and a surge in sign-ups.
    AnnaHo
    Launching soon!
    @ldj_beatless That's an awesome idea! Hosting a virtual hackathon is a great way to engage users while showcasing the product's flexibility. Thanks for sharing!