• Subscribe
  • What's the hardest part about talking to customers or any target audience?

DJ Sanghera
    23 replies

Replies

Mary Rumyantzeva, PhD
    The hardest part is to reach out to potential customers and set up a dialogue. I agree with @jeducious that people are busy and overwhelmed by ads and promotions. While there are platforms that assist founders in setting up interviews or user testing, they are usually too expensive for early-stage start-ups. I believe that there is a niche for AI-based solutions here. We are working on one of such products, and there is indeed a lot of pain around the topic, especially if the founders are at the beginning of their journey.
    Mary Rumyantzeva, PhD
    @jeducious, yes, we are! But it works a little differently. We provide our users with free functionality for searching the apps they need. It works like a chat; they use it to explain their expectations, preferences, functionality, and expected prices. Currently, we do this for founders and managers, but we plan to expand to other audiences in the future. We’ve just launched this functionality. You can check it out here: https://www.pythia.world/ Our next step is to collect data and, based on that, generate analytics for app creators. This way, they can see what users want at the moment when they are actually searching for apps. In the future, we will consider adding the functionality of setting up meetings. However, we prioritize users' privacy by giving them the choice of whether they want to participate or not. We're currently in the middle of the development process of analytics functions. If your customers are founders, managers, product or project managers, I'd be happy to provide free and early access to all our future features for your feedback during the development process. If you know of others who might be interested, I'd appreciate your referrals!
    Jimbo
    @mary_rumyantzeva are you building such a platform? Cause if it could fine credible leads and set appointments for me, I'd be so there!
    Jimbo
    Purely being noticed at all above the noise. Folk are incredibly busy, and they are bombarded constantly with advertising and demands on their time. So, the hardest part is getting high enough above all the background noise in their life that they will give you a few precious moments of their attention.
    Rohan Pathak
    @jeducious this has always been the challenge but more so In the past 10 to 20 years Because the number of advertisements shown to a common man has increased drastically and a common man can only remember so many things! That's why it's important to have relevant and personalized messaging so it can stick in their mind for a long time!
    DJ Sanghera
    @persuasionkid that’s true! So far I’ve found that adding people on LinkedIn first, then messaging them privately after they are a connection works. If they add me in the first place they wanna be connected. I still get ghosted A LOT. But right now my hit rate with things like Apollo is VERY low
    Ray luan
    I think it is not hard to talk to them. It is hard to figure out who are your real customers.
    Simon Peter Damian
    @ray_luan Absolutely. I can't agree more. If I have a pain and you have a cure and I've got the money, it's a no brainer, I'm buying. I can't remember the amount of times I had thought an idea of mine was great, only to end up realizing no one cares.
    Rohan Pathak
    @ray_luan This comes back to nailing your positioning. In my opinion kneeling your positioning is more important or at least as important as launch of the product itself because if you can get the right kind of market who are hungry for your product and not willing to be for the solution then you can be bad at marketing but still sell out because of your positioning
    Ray luan
    @persuasionkid It is hard fact, isn't it? Finding the real problem that customer cares is what we should really position ourselves in
    Ray luan
    @theterminalguy Simon you are not alone! That is all we are struggling for. When we build the hammer, the tough part is everything looks like a nail
    Daniel S
    MLTR: Meal Tracker
    Honestly that's the easy part. What's hard is trying to make them talk to you, get their feedback and such.
    Rohan Pathak
    @dan16 honestly a lot of customers would not voice their opinion especially if they are not anonymous That that's why it is difficult to get real feedback from them!
    Daniel S
    @persuasionkid That's an interesting thought. I guess anonymity brings a certain confidence in their giving of truthful feedback.
    Daniel Hunt
    The Mom Test is a fantastic book that helps explain a lot of the potential pitfalls and how to get the most out of talking to customers. I can't recommend it enough!
    Olena Bomko
    The LinkedIn Inbound Playbook
    The LinkedIn Inbound Playbook
    I help companies with customers research. I think it's fear. And most companies don't have a framework/playbook.
    udhay yadav
    Create a great landing page. Your landing page should be clear, concise, and persuasive.
    Kevin Van Haesendonck
    Getting their attention for long enough, and having them accurately put into words what they think of the product and what they actually need...
    Rose Linda
    Putting myself in their shoes. It can be tough to understand what customers are really thinking and feeling, especially if they're frustrated or angry.
    Maali Baali
    The hardest part is putting yourself in their shoes and understanding their needs. It can be tough to step back and see things from their perspective, especially if you're passionate about your product.
    Jack Davis
    The most challenging aspect of engaging with customers or any target audience is effectively understanding and addressing their unique needs and concerns. It requires active listening, empathy, and the ability to adapt your communication style. Building genuine connections and trust is key. At RestoreLife Wellness (https://www.restorelifewellness.com), we excel in this by offering tailored wellness solutions, ensuring our customers feel heard and supported.
    Jeorge
    One of the hardest parts is really understanding their pain points and needs. It can be challenging to truly empathize with their experience and get to the root of what they're looking for. Customer interviews, surveys, and tools like user analytics and heat maps can give you a better understanding of how your customers interact with your product or website, but what if you're not seeing the picture you want? Are you brave enough to turn everything 180 degrees and start building your product in the opposite direction?
    Vikram Aditya
    Being in an illusion that you're aksing the right questions and discovering insights about them. All of it can be out of bias at times.