• Subscribe
  • What's the biggest mistake you've made in your career that you still regret?

Udaya Sri
    31 replies
    I regret not starting earlier. The younger generation seems to be very focused on achievements and more ambitious than we were. Seeing their successes makes me feel like my own accomplishments are minor and that I should have begun sooner to achieve more. Does anyone else feel this way? BTW way any poetry lovers here?

Replies

Marcus
    I don't believe in statements like your biggest mistake or regret, there is nothing like biggest mistake or regret there is only one thing learning and opportunity to look at things differently.
    Miyene Tom
    lol... I think you are right... and now It feels a bit late trying to compete with them.. the feeling is mutual Udaya.. hmmm
    Kavya Tripathi
    This is true but I believe it’s never too late for anything :)
    Maddilene John
    I think my biggest mistake was not asking for help sooner. I tried to handle everything on my own, and it definitely slowed me down.
    Udaya Sri
    @maddi_lene_ I find myself in these situations too and know that asking for help can be tough, but it’s really important.
    Luke Bell
    I regret not keeping track of my milestones and goals. If I had, I might have spotted some issues earlier and adjusted course sooner.
    Ave Lord
    For me, it was not taking enough time to really understand my audience early on. I spent too much time focused on the product instead of the people who would use it.
    Udaya Sri
    @natasha_reddy I totally get that. It’s so easy to focus on perfecting the product, but really understanding your audience is key.
    Nathan Covey
    Not learning how to code earlier
    Udaya Sri
    @nathancovey This will be one of my regrets too. Regardless of career goals, I think it’s a skill everyone should try to learn.
    Kimberly Cash
    delaying decisions out of fear of making mistakes
    Udaya Sri
    @kimberly_cash I still struggle with this myself. I hope we can all find the courage to do whatever we want to do.
    Gucci Murdock
    Not setting clear goals from the start
    Lora Jones
    My biggest mistake was not prioritizing work life balance earlier. I burned out and wish I had set boundaries sooner to maintainmy well being
    Deepa Somasunderam
    Not focusing enough on taking time off. And yes I love poetry Udaya!
    Udaya Sri
    @deepa_somasunderam I’ve recently begun celebrating small wins to help avoid this kind of regret. Great, I love poetry too!
    Athar Jatoi
    I regret not taking more risks earlier on. Playing it safe kept me in a comfort zone, and looking back, I see opportunities I missed because I didn’t push my boundaries.
    Aayaz Gul
    I wish I had been more patient and persistent with my projects. There were times when I abandoned ideas too quickly instead of refining them and seeing them through to success.
    Michael Thomas
    Early in my career, I didn’t always listen to feedback from colleagues and mentors. I was too focused on proving myself instead of learning and growing from their insights.
    Shey A
    Building network! I always saw myself as an island but in truth no one is
    Business Marketing with Nika
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    minimalist phone: creating folders
    It was during my university studies. I had a chance to be in a TV commercial with quite a well-known actress (it was a bank advert so paid quite well with residuals). Instead, I declined it and went to instruct yoga (but the context was difficult) – In that case, I prioritized my honor over money as I was trying to clear my name. It was a weird situation but it is my bad that I did XY things at once.
    Udaya Sri
    @busmark_w_nika That must have been a tough choice but also a memorable one. It’s interesting how we sometimes choose personal values or goals over money.
    Claudia Dennis
    None. I never regret for anything.
    Karen Anderson
    Oof, I think the biggest mistake I made was not realizing the potential of a certain technology early on that later exploded in popularity. Missed out on being an early adopter and innovator in that space. Still kicking myself over it! But ya live and learn I guess... gotta keep looking forward and not dwell too much on past missteps, even though the regret still stings sometimes lol