What's the Best Time to Start Discussion on Product Hunt?

Chaitanya Badave
14 replies
One of my discussions received nearly 200 upvotes and 100+ replies, while some of the discussions didn’t get much attention though they were interesting topics. As a long-time Product Hunter, what do you think is the best time to attract attention to discussion threads on Product Hunt?

Replies

Emma Wood
I usually aim for the early AM, PST. Get the West Coast folks as they're waking up, then the East Coast and Europe as the day rolls on.
Mason Turner
When you get the idea of what to discuss
Antoni Kozelski
I have noticed that most activity occurs before noon during the work week. and I agree with Ammar that we should avoid holidays
Syed Muhammad Shoaib Iqbal Shah
The best time to start a discussion on Product Hunt is usually on weekdays, preferably Tuesday to Thursday, during times when your target audience is most active.
Nick Anisimov
Product Hunt is a global platform, so timing is not so important. The idea and involvement of the author is much more important.
Chaitanya Badave
@nickanisimov Got it. Though I have seen much activity during times when the products are updated on daily basis.
Irina Ivashchinenko
The idea is much more important than perfect timing.
Oleg Eltsov
Early morning (Pacific time)
Alex Petruchio
A good idea is more important than the best time.
Villan Johain
I think it is always better to discuses it when you had an idea i was thinking to make a website related to my business i have appliances repairing shop but i want to make it more popular so i think about to make a website but i do not know how to handle it so i put it in this community and in a hour i got mgs from a persona who like in North Carolina and they refer me the website appliances repair Orange county it help me know i am working on it and I also get contact number of that person who was running that website
Katherine Foster
I stumbled upon a great discussion on Product Hunt about the best time to start a discussion, and I'm excited to gather insights from this vibrant community—let's dive in and share our experiences!
Kunal Mehta
The best time to attract attention to discussion threads on Product Hunt is during peak activity hours, typically between 9 AM and 12 PM Pacific Time (PT). This is when the community is most active and engaged, increasing the chances of your discussion getting noticed and generating more interactions.