What's the best piece of advice, you ever got?

Satyanarayan Prashar
28 replies
hii hunters, I found my life advice in the book "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho. "It is our journey which defines us, not our destination" What's yours? Thanks

Replies

Sona J
Win in your own way
mapname
all you have is now
Rahul Kumar
sleep is your power
Naomi Chao
@rahul_kumar97 I must be the most powerful person alive then lol.
Maya A
Embrace everything - whether it is success, failure, etc. Mindset is everything.
Navin Peiris
Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going
Navin Peiris
Plans are useless, but planning is indispensable
Keep Calm and Carry On - My grandma always said this during tough times and it's stuck with me ever since. Thanks, granny ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—
Jay Phelps
On my list, "Fail fast, learn faster" comes in first. It's essential for the path of any startup.
Satyanarayan Prashar
@jayphelpsme but is failing necessary to learn ?๐Ÿง
Igor Lysenko
My parents gave me advice, it's never too late to develop and make yourself a diamond.
Naomi Chao
Don't ask for permission. Of course, not the best advice for every situation...
Paul Elmore
"Poor people should take rich people out to lunch more often."
Ken Lian
Launching soon!
I used to believe that strategy was just fancy talk without tangible results. However, after burning through the initial $4 million from investors, I learned the hard way that strategy is crucial and the most important aspect of a startup. One quote from an investor that stuck with me is, "The company without a strategy is willing to try anything" by Michael Porter. Having a clear strategy means maintaining a strong focus and having a well-defined plan for product development and growth, allowing you to narrow your target and succeed in your initial battleground. Achieving an initial victory is significant, but with the right strategy, you can continue to win and sustain your success. @satyanarayan_prashar
Yavuz Tunc Emran
Hey mate I have read that book as well. I have found it to be too fatalistic. I too agree with that quote but in overall the destinations are the ones that create those journeys. The destinations are a need to keep the ship in the right direction.
Divya
You regret the chances you don't take