• Subscribe
  • What’s one mistake you made early in your startup journey that others can learn from?

AnnaHo
    17 replies
    Let’s help each other avoid common pitfalls!

Replies

Paul McCoy
    I though there were no compitition but I was wrong. We should always ready for the compititions
    AnnaHo
    @paul_mccoy That's a valuable lesson. Assuming no competition can lead to complacency. It's crucial to stay vigilant and prepared for potential rivals in any market.
    AnnaHo
    One early mistake we made was trying to build too many features at once instead of focusing on the core problem we aimed to solve. It spread our resources thin and delayed our launch. Focusing on a minimum viable product (MVP) early on would have been much more efficient.
    Tara Fitzgerald
    Start by simplicity, don't go into complex things
    AnnaHo
    @tara_fitzgerald Your experience highlights the importance of thorough market research. Understanding market size and demand is crucial before investing resources. This lesson can help others avoid similar pitfalls by encouraging them to validate their ideas and assess market potential early in their startup journey.
    Peter Henry
    I thought my ideas was good but I did not realise how nich the market actually was. It led to waste of money and time
    AnnaHo
    @peterhenry Underestimating market niche size is a common pitfall. Thorough market research is crucial to avoid wasting resources and time on ideas that may have limited appeal.
    Bilal Asif
    Launching soon!
    Build your community as soon as you can. It can be surprising how a strong community can help you in so many ways.
    AnnaHo
    @bilalasif Absolutely agree! Building a community early creates a loyal base that can provide valuable feedback, spread the word, and even become your first customers. It also gives you insights into your product’s fit with the market.
    Timothy Bramlett
    URLtoText
    URLtoText
    Launching soon!
    The biggest two mistakes I've encountered in my journey that have really held things back are not talking to customers enough and building too much in general.
    AnnaHo
    @timothybramlett Engaging customers early and often is crucial. Focus on building only what's necessary, avoiding over-engineering. These lessons can significantly streamline your startup's progress and resource allocation.
    Jet
    100% not marketing, trying to correct this now haha.
    AnnaHo
    @jetfromx Engaging customers early and often is crucial. Focus on building only what's necessary, avoiding over-engineering. These lessons can significantly streamline your startup's progress and resource allocation.