• Subscribe
  • What’s been the boldest career move you’ve made?

Hamza Afzal Butt
    34 replies
    Just hit a new milestone—Top Rated on Upwork! It’s been a wild ride since I first dipped my toes into freelancing back in 2014. Left my traditional job last October to go all in, and it's been nothing short of incredible—successful launchings on Product Hunt, expanding to Fiverr, and starting my own company, Saas Marketing Gurus. Anyone else here made a similar leap? How’s your journey been?

Replies

Justin Pursati
    @hamza_afzal_butt I started this week. I already have a product with one paying customer! Full disclosure - I'm joining an existing product as a co-founder. The founder has a full time job. I am able to focus on improving the product and adding features.
    Lily Oliver
    I quit my stable job to start my own business best decision ever!
    James Wilson
    I took a huge risk by switching industries entirely. It was intimidating to start from scratch, but it was also incredibly rewarding and opened up new opportunities.
    Justin Pursati
    Just walked away from a $240,000 a year contract to pursue building SaaS products!!!
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @justin_pursati this is to much !!! How is going now?
    Victor Crum
    I left stable corporate job to dive into freelance writing full-time. It was scary, but the freedom has been worth it.
    Tamar Waziri
    Congratulations on the Top Rated badge! My boldest move was quitting my cushy tech job to become a remote consultant. The risk was worth it I've got clients from all over the world now.
    Tywin Del
    Big kudos for making that jump! I made a similar move when I transitioned from a high paying finance role to a startup I co-founded. The startup grind is real, but the rewards are incomparable!
    kimchi
    I switched careers entirely, moving from finance to tech. It was a bold step, but I’ve learned so much and grown in ways I never expected.
    Andrew C.
    i left my family business to run some CRYPTO errands
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @seizefire how was your experience with it?
    Ava Lord
    I quit my 9-to-5 to start my own business with zero experience. It was challenging, but I’m proud of how far I’ve come.
    Dorothy Thompson
    I transitioned from a traditional job to freelancing, just like you did. The uncertainty was tough, but it’s been the best decision for my career.
    murph
    A decade or so ago I left my first finance job to start a strength and conditioning business. Ran it full time for five years before going back to finance. Was exhilarating and stressful (two sides of the same coin), but great lifestyle for early/mid-20's. There are seasons for everything in life, and long term potential was pretty capped.
    Noora Mccluskey
    Congrats on becoming Top Rated on Upwork, that's impressive!
    Keyana Sapp
    Congrats on hitting Top Rated on Upwork, Hamza! That’s a huge achievement and a testament to your hard work and dedication. Leaving a traditional job to go all-in on freelancing is definitely a bold move, and it’s inspiring to see how it’s paid off for you. I recently made a similar leap, focusing all my energy on building my startup full-time. It’s a rollercoaster, to say the least, but the freedom to create and innovate without the constraints of a traditional job has been incredibly rewarding.
    Daniel Kuh
    Boldest move that turned into a success: left graphic design to pursue UI/UX (this was before any bootcamp or any content was created around this). Boldest move that turned into a fail (or learning moment ha): Spending lots of time trying to become successful in something I wasn't too passionate in. ie - dropshipping
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @cozydan then why don’t you try graphic designing again ?
    Alexander Kovalov
    Quit my 9-5 job and start my own 5-10 marketing consultancy.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @alexander_kovalov how was your experience with it ?
    Saturnina Brigante
    My boldest move was quitting my 9-to-5 to start a tech startup. It’s been a wild ride. I’d love to hear more about your Saas Marketing Gurus journey!
    Isabella Wandrei
    Congrats on your milestones! That's amazing progress.
    Rahul Parmar
    I am taking on a completely new role in a different field to challenge myself and grow.
    Zoe Wood
    Leaving a secure job to dive into freelancing takes guts, Hamza. How did you prepare mentally and financially for that transition? I'm curious because I’m considering the same leap soon.
    Zebracat AI
    Zebracat AI
    Launching soon!
    @zoeew00d just need a strong determintion, i just don't take a decision, it;s a long process. with my full time job i am working for it side by side.