• Subscribe
  • What's a quick fix for a productivity slump?

Ernest Wolfe
    9 replies

Replies

Daniel Zaitzow
    time blocking has a tendency to do me wonders - If I have things allocated in a time window I tend to dig into them. Set a stopwatch and give yourself intermittent breaks as rewards every X period of time - that tends to work as well. Gym in the morning - walk afterwork and reading to put yourself to bed all help in my routine.
    Kabir Soto
    It allows me to mix up my routine a little. Trying something new or unusual in my daily duties can provide some drive.
    Eric Foster
    Sometimes a quick change of environment can do wonders. Moving to a different room, or even a café, helps me refouces
    Diane J McGee
    I frequently take brief breaks to do something I enjoy, such as go for a stroll or listen to music. It allows me to reboot and return to my responsibilities with fresh perspective
    kamjin
    Adjust your mindset in time, relax yourself when needed. When your efficiency is low, it means it's time to take a break.
    Samuel Evans
    Switching up my work environment helps - like taking my laptop to a cafe for a few hours. The change of scenery and ambient noise can be stimulating. Also, focusing on a bite-sized task I know I can knock out quickly gives me a sense of accomplishment that helps jump start my motivation.
    Maxwell Bennett Crawford
    Changing up my environment helps - like working from a coffee shop instead of home. A change of scenery provides a creativity boost for me when I'm in a slump. Also taking short exercise breaks to get the blood flowing to my brain. Sometimes productivity is about momentum, so even small tweaks to your routine can get you back on track!
    Hugo Dominic Carmichael
    I find that getting up for a quick 5-10 min walk or stretch break helps me reset and refocus when I hit a productivity slump. Stepping away from my desk and getting the blood flowing gives me a boost. Also switching tasks to something totally different for a bit, like organizing my workspace or reading industry news, can help get me out of a rut and back on track. Little changes in routine def make a difference!
    Nicholas Alexander Green
    Yeah, taking a walk outside always works for me! Getting some fresh air and a change of scenery helps reset my mind and come back focused. Highly recommend trying it next time you hit a slump!