What's a good indicator that your pre-launch is going well?

Adrian Cabrera
16 replies
Hey Product Hunt team! We're launching our product, MailMaestro (https://www.producthunt.com/prod...), on the 13th. It's our first time launching and to the veterans here, I'm interested to know how do you guys gauge whether you're on track or not? Any indicator of a good "Notify me" count? What other metrics do you usually look at?

Replies

Ahmed Yassin
This is the 5th time I've said it. For everything related to the pre-launch stage, you should read the book 'The Lean Startup' by Eric Ries. The pre-launch stage is where you validate and ensure that you can achieve great results with your SaaS. To make it easier for you to understand, I have explained it in this post here: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/a...
Freddie Wood
Pre-LaunchIdeas for a Successful Product Launch Set Up a Referral Program. Develop a Content Strategy. Conduct an Email Marketing Campaign. Extend Social Media Presence. Assemble a PR Kit. Collaborate with Influencers. Reach Out to Niche Communities Online. Organise Pre-launch Giveaway Contests.
Arz
People joining your waitlist.
Adrian Cabrera
@arzmn thanks! Is there a particular number of waitlist registrants to say that this is a good number already?
Uladzislau Rymasheuski
@adrian_mailmaestro That will be my first launch, so I'm in this thread more to listen than to speak. Adrian can you tell me please how long did it take to have 150+ producthunters to subscribe to the launch?
Adrian Cabrera
@rimash thank you and good luck with your launch! It took us about a week and a half to pre-launch and invite our list to follow us. We made sure to make some noise in all channels, but we're not entirely sure if the amount of waitlisters are good already since we don't have any baseline.
Aaron Barbieri
yours is at the top of my "coming soon" list. Seems like you're doing great :) followed btw!
Lakshya Singh
Commenting for a better reach! I am curious to know that as well! Good luck with the launch!
Adrian Cabrera
@lakshya_singh cheers! Are you launching yours soon as well? Would be happy to show our support!
Shajedul Karim
hey nice! sure, a big 'notify me' count feels good, but there's more to it. are people actually talking about it? like, sharing, discussing, getting excited? feedback's key too. are early sign-ups giving you useful tips or ideas? and watch out for surprise mentions online. those are golden. basically, it's not just numbers. it's about the vibe you're creating. keep listening, tweaking, and good luck for the 13th!
Adrian Cabrera
@shajedulkarim_ solid advice, Shajedul! Totally makes sense, we should definitely take advantage of social listening
vin partyrental
A successful pre-launch phase is crucial for the overall success of a product or project. While success indicators can vary depending on the nature of your launch, here are some general signs that your pre-launch is going well: Engagement and Interest: High levels of engagement, such as social media interactions, email sign-ups, or website visits, can indicate a strong interest in your product or project. Positive Feedback: If you've shared previews or information about your product, positive feedback from your target audience or influencers is a good sign. This could be in the form of comments, reviews, or testimonials. Growing Community: An increase in the size and engagement of your community, whether it's on social media, forums, or through email subscriptions, suggests that people are interested and want to be involved. Meeting Milestones: If you've set specific pre-launch milestones (e.g., a certain number of sign-ups, a target for social media followers), achieving or surpassing these goals is a positive indicator. Media Coverage: Positive coverage or mentions in relevant media outlets, blogs, or industry publications can significantly boost awareness and interest in your pre-launch. Quality Leads: If your pre-launch efforts are generating high-quality leads—potential customers who are genuinely interested in your offering—it's a positive sign. Partnerships and Collaborations: Securing partnerships or collaborations with influencers, other businesses, or organizations can expand your reach and credibility. Effective Marketing Campaigns: If your marketing campaigns (email, social media, content) are generating attention, clicks, and conversions, it indicates that your messaging resonates with your audience. Referral Programs Success: Positive results from referral programs can be a good sign that people are excited enough about your product to recommend it to others. Smooth Technical Preparations: If your website, app, or other technical aspects are running smoothly without major issues during the pre-launch phase, it bodes well for a successful launch. for more information: https://www.vinpartyrentals.com/ Remember, these indicators are general, and the specific goals and benchmarks for success will depend on the nature of your project or product. Regularly monitor your key performance indicators (KPIs) and adjust your strategies based on the feedback and data you receive during the pre-launch phase.