What motivates you and keeps you from giving up when things get hard?

Isaac Martin Otim
16 replies

Replies

Peyt Spencer Dewar
Motivation comes and goes. Discipline is needed for the days “you don’t feel like”.
Sonya
there must always be a goal! then you know what it's all about
Inga
but I think it's also important to understand if you need it. sometimes it's not worth the effort haha
Isaac Martin Otim
@inga3525 so we actually just have to quit sometimes?? hahaha
Shajedul Karim
when things get tough, remember why you started. it's easy to lose sight when you're deep in the trenches. your 'why' is your north star, helping you navigate challenges. the tougher the obstacle, the more opportunity to refine your approach. setbacks? they're just iterations for your personal growth. resilience isn't built overnight, it's a compound interest of grit. what's the 'why' that keeps you in the game?
Andrew Cook
It's either doing this or I'm stuck doing something I hate for money. There really is no other option than for this to work. I've lived that life working for someone else, having to juggle 500 things just to be paid $15/hr. Not even close to worth it. Would much rather get paid the ~$20/hr that I'm getting paid now (when I made the switch to freelance/self employed it was close to $5/hr, probably less).
Anjanay Saxena
Telling myself that the show must go on. There's always someone who will work and fight harder for what you fighting for. It's good to plan rests, to avoid burnout, that's unfortunately something I learnt from experience.
Anjanay Saxena
@izakotim I absolutely understand that. It's just that, burnout is as real as feeling unproductive, and resting, relaxing and rejuvenating on time is something I've learnt from lifting regularly for the last 4 years, you really bring a better, stronger perspective after taking a break!