• Subscribe
  • What marketing tactics worked best (or failed) during your first product launch?

Tanuja Chandel
    5 replies
    What marketing tactics worked best (or failed) during your first product launch, and what did you learn?

Replies

Matthew Aaron Clarke
    We've had success getting early traction on Producthunt and Reddit by engaging authentically with the communities there. Twitter can also drive good traffic if you have an audience. Agree that SEO takes time to pay off for a new launch. We focused more on content marketing and building in public. I'd be curious to hear what channels have worked best for others!
    Benson Gao
    Posting on algorithmic social platforms is more effective, while SEO is not very impactful
    Asher Dorian Thorne
    Definitely focus on organic social media for early traction. SEO takes too long to kick in for a brand new launch. Posting on Twitter/Reddit/relevant forums and communities to your product worked best for me. Paid social ads on FB/IG can help amplify reach too if you have some initial budget. SEO is more of a long game to sustain and build on early growth, not the best fit for day 1 launch IMO.
    David Michael Johnson
    Based on my experience, posting on TikTok and IG Reels was super effective for driving traffic and sales at launch. Targeting the right hashtags and creating short, engaging videos got a ton of views. Agree SEO takes way longer to have an impact. Also had success with influencer unboxing videos to build buzz. Email marketing to our waitlist converted really well too. Failed tactics were Facebook Ads (terrible ROI) and an expensive press release that got zero coverage. Hope that helps!