What makes you to engage with the PH discussion post?

What attributes make you click on the post and interact with it on this platform? For me it is always: ➝ Appealing title ➝ Question that possibly solves my current problem (and I can find a solution either in the post or in the comment section) ➝ Discussion with controversial statements where I can have my say What are your triggers?

Replies

Konrad S.
1) I can lean someting relevant to me 2) I think I can help other people with my knowledge or analysis (and maybe get new followers this way also) 3) It just really interests me (e.g. philosophy) 4) The profile picture also has an influence ;)
Business Marketing with Nika
@konrad_sx 1) What is the main interest for you now? I mean – what are the topics you are now observing? 2) Really appreciate your contribution. I like the way you think – especially in terms of philosophy – it is obvious you like it. 3) Point 3 ↑ 4) Should I change my profile pic? :D
Konrad S.
@busmark_w_nika 1) Markeing, PH launch (but I think I know everything about this now, there are so many discussions about this), technical problems that are relevant to me (but there are seldom discussions about this here, Stackoverflow is the place for that) 4) I really like it :) Should I change mine?
@konrad_sx as soon as I dive into coding, I will be using StackOverflow as well :D Thank you for the compliment. Please, have your photo as it is. I like it – great compositions as well as model :)
Boris Markarian
I open discussion post in 2 cases: 1. It contains useful information 2. I can discuss (argue) with somebody 😁
Igor Lysenko
@boris_moris44 I agree with the second point, when you argue with a person, he can offer options that I have not considered at all.
@boris_moris44 @ixord I try to be outside of those discussions where I need to argue. I prefer rather moderate discussions. 😅 But Boris and Igor, you are warriors! :D
Paulina Hryniewicz
I like short, punchy, controversial or just relevant to me subjects. Not a fan of very broad topics or completely irrelevant stuff like "What's your favorite fruit?" xD
@paulinahryniewicz That makes sense. When you see a topic you have some interest in you are more likely to contribute. :D BUT... I need to say that those vague questions like cat person vs dog person in terms of psychology can say more about the person than you think. We had something similar with a friend last evening and the questions were superficial at the beginning but then we started asking why and it got pretty deep.
Dan O'Malley
@paulinahryniewicz I agree. Although I'll admit I've answered irrelevant questions just to keep my streak alive. 😁
Emily Willis
@paulinahryniewicz @busmark_w_nika It's an interesting point. I answered a question in the Dot app that launched on PH about my favourite book or film & the insights the AI drew out of that one answer were fascinating & it really had my personal motivations pinned down
Priyanka Saini
For me - Interesting and appealing title - discussion about standard problem we all are facing in our work world - Celebration and launch discussion to just get to know new products.
@priyanka27 the last point is very kind. It didn't come to my mind cause I always forget to celebrate what I have done. 😅
Yoki Yue
How did you earn so many points here?
Prem Saini
Ummm... Nice one nika! - Intriguing titles for me - I know a lot of Product Hunt people personally now, so I definitely want to be part of their discussions (unless it's just some random stuff like (What are you upto/or some random topic which clearly doesn't make sense) - I learn a lot from the discussions, which is a big plus for me - To support people and feel welcomed in this community
@prem_saini1 How did you get in touch with them personally? Have you been to some offline meetings?
Prem Saini
@busmark_w_nika I've met some of them personally (very few though), while with others, I've formed bonds through discussions on calls. I've reached out to them as friends whenever I knew they were experts in a particular subject matter.
@prem_saini1 I should do the same more – I had only a few calls, but started to be active on Twitter and that's where we started to have calls on Spaces and later on Discord. :)
Arthur Leclercq
An appealing title I would say, a subject that I like or in which I have some knowledge
Andreas Sohns
For me it's A catchy title Answer to problem I'm dealing with Discussions with different opinions where I can jump in.
Kate Ramakaieva
1. It is started by Nika 😂 Really, I like the topics you choose!
@kate_ramakaieva Really? :D Thanks then. Because 90% of my time is like Waking up in a strange mood like "Hmmm, what kind of 💩 am I gonna publish today?" 🤣🤣🤣 I am so glad that I can create something Hope meaningful :D
Samuel
I open discussion post in 3 cases: 1. It contains information that related to my product. 2. I can help others. 3. The topic is pretty interesting.
Nsikan Dickson
Is for me to discuss with you and fine solution for my problem, and also find solution for my future business
@joeskin yep, this is actually how I learn many things – to read comments section (to be amused, I recommend YT comments – great source of inspiration :D)
Deluar Hosain
I'm here for sales 🤫
Federico Zuluaga Knorr
I think you can often tell from the title whether the discussion is just to get more traffic to the profile/product or to really participate in the community. + A topic that I either know a lot about or would like to learn more (ideally both) + If the person who opened the discussion is actively involved in the discussion + When a topic allows further discussion and many opinions and information can be exchanged. - Fancy marketing language, - Beating around the bush, - No answers to follow-up questions
@federico_zuluaga_knorr I like the points you provided (+ and –) TBH, for me it is about creating and interacting with community, helping in some way (the stream should be for both ways – beneficial for me and for others) + you can improve your soft (communication) skills in discussions :)
Federico Zuluaga Knorr
@busmark_w_nika I agree with you. Especially the idea of helping each other and the honest exchange should be in the foreground :D
Alexandra G
Believing I've got something to say or support someone
@alex_skazka This is precious. Some people make comments only for the sake of commenting. In the worst scenario, they hate to get attention. Happy to see someone who wants to spread positivity. :)
Hakim Zerhouni
Launching soon!
I engage with Product Hunt posts that offer relevant insights and solutions to current challenges, fostering interactive discussions and community engagement. Looking forward to launching my own project soon!
Selina Danny
If I know something about what is being discussed then I jump in or the topics I am interested in.
@selina_danny what topics are you interested in the most?
For me, the title should be interesting, and the length of the description doesn't matter because if I'm there I'll read the full thing, at least 70% of it. Next important thing is that whether I can add my inputs to the discussion or not. Another thing is that the topic should be about business, marketing, design. rarely do I engage with pointless topics that are there just to fill the space.
@vertikanigam good overview, thanks for your contribution. :) Regarding filling the spaces. I also do it sometimes and try to do it less but it is a challenge that I put on myself – to create something. Every single day :)
@busmark_w_nika Good challenge, I like that. After all, filling the spaces is not bad all the time...
Pari Pushpakar
Engaging with a (PH) discussion post helps in community engagement and also provides various valuable experiences.
Elaine Lu
I engage with PH discussion posts when they offer valuable insights or unique perspectives that I can't find elsewhere. Also, a clear and engaging writing style from the author always catches my attention.
@elaineluyi Gotcha. I would like to know if you have favorite copywriters when you bet on writing style :)
Chillin Team
It's always interesting to talk with creative and aspiring people.